Forums » News and Announcements

Best IFAKs: Pouches, Complete Kits

• 1440 posts
    August 22, 2022 9:49 PM EDT

Best IFAKs: Pouches, Complete Kits

We’re usually about putting holes into stuff. But today, we cover things designed to treat holes in you.To get more news about hemostatic agent, you can visit rusuntacmed.com official website.

Well, not just holes in you…but scrapes, burns, cuts, lacerations, and other tragic affairs. Of course, that means we are talking IFAKs.It’s a military concept that’s spread into the police and military world. In the military, the IFAK has saved countless lives. No longer is “Doc” the only one who carries medical equipment.

Just because my time in the military is over doesn’t mean that my time with IFAKs is over.After my service, I became a big proponent of IFAKs, and at a minimum, I always keep one in my car.

Today I’ll cover what goes into IFAKs, the best pouches to carry, and some complete IFAK kits.
    The thing about first aid is that if you aren’t trained in how to apply it, does a bunch of gear help you?

First aid is a lot like shooting a gun. All the gear in the world isn’t going to make you better at it.Now outside of the most advanced and well-made medical gear in the world, you can get some of the best training in the world. No matter where in the United States you live, there is a company or group that offers medical classes.

An IFAK is a First Aid kit technically, but I hate calling it that.

Generally, a first aid kit is a dinky little kit designed for bumps, bruises, and small cuts. An IFAK is designed to care of those bumps and bruises too, but its real focus is a traumatic injury.
    The distinction is more or less just semantics. An IFAK is just more complete for curing the nastier wounds.

You can buy a pre-made kit, or you can build your own. We’ll cover a little bit of both in this article, but before that happens, let’s talk about what an IFAK should be and what it should do.An IFAK is all about addressing traumatic injuries and preserving life until you can get yourself or another to a higher level of care.

An IFAK should address the most common and most dangerous injuries that can occur in the big and dangerous world. Without serious medical training and the best equipment in the world, you can’t save everyone.

An IFAK isn’t a miracle worker, and neither are you. But it can keep you or someone else alive long enough to get them to real medical care, and that is what an IFAK is all about.

The first line of the above paragraph says it all. An IFAK treats the most deadly and most common injuries that someone on the ground can treat in the first place. This is why we aren’t packing an AED, a hospital bed, a wash station, and other hospital gear.We pack what we can carry and what we can use with the minimal medical training we have. Most of the time, that’s enough to keep someone alive until they reach higher medical care.
    One on the flak jacket, one in the IFAK, one in the cargo pocket, and one on the rifle, really one everywhere you could fit one.

Our tourniquets were known as CAT tourniquets, and they were absolute lifesavers. Unfortunately, since they became so popular, a lot of low-quality clones arrived on the market. These clones are not built to any real standard.