Forums » News and Announcements

2026 FIFA World Cup Coming to North Texas, Houston

• 1408 posts
    July 13, 2022 11:13 PM EDT

2026 FIFA World Cup Coming to North Texas, Houston

Area leaders hosted a watch party at the AT&T Discovery District in Dallas for the big announcement, with appearances from Dallas and Fort Worth city officials, as well as representatives from the Dallas Cowboys and FC Dallas.To get more news about XemBD, you can visit xembd.cc official website.

"When we built that stadium, we basically built it with the mind to have great great events and it wasn't just American football," said Cowboys owner Jerry Jones during a press conference after the announcement.“What motivates the Cowboys is the magnitude of soccer and the audience of soccer. There’s a lot of value for us to do this in a spectacular way, that they’ll write a book about," Jones added.

It is expected that a number of World Cup matches will be held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington while other related events will be held in other locations around the Metroplex.There could be more matches in North Texas and it's not yet decided what round the matches will be in.

FC Dallas President and Host City Bid chairman Dan Hunt said the goal in getting into the bidding was to have North Texas host the finals.

"One of the biggest nuances of our bid is with AT&T Stadium. We have Choctaw [Stadium] and Globe Life Field next to it. Which there's really no situation in the entire world that has three major stadiums right next to each other," he said. "I think we can do something that is so incredibly creative. We have Texas Live! out there and the new hotels being built. That's part of our pitch to FIFA, that we can literally throw the biggest party in the world for the World Cup."

It's estimated that FIFA World Cup 2026 games in DFW would create as many as 3,000 new jobs and have an economic impact of nearly $400 million.You'll have a market in a country that is, even so, more receptive to the World Cup and soccer than it was back in 1994,” Hunt said. “So, I'm thrilled for what this is going to do for the game."

Hunt said the ripple effect though could be even more significant.

"You're talking about something that could be in the billions of dollars for our community,” Hunt said. “This is great for the citizens. Also, this could be a tremendous commercial for our community for people around the world."“We’ve been waiting for a long, long time,” he said. “We were here in 1994 with his dad, and now I’ve got my grandson. And we’re looking forward to 2026.”

My favorite thing about soccer is how it brings the world together. And I think the world cup is the ultimate showing of that,” said soccer fan Bailey Brown.In parks all around DFW, you can see kids practicing and playing soccer.

"My daughter Alex is out here working getting some extra touches in over the summer for soccer," soccer mom Denise Barley said.