Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

The Best Bike Lock of 2022

• 2785 posts
    December 5, 2022 9:52 PM EST

Choosing the best bike lock is difficult, I know! Fortunately, I’ve spent several years researching and studying bicycle security and have managed to narrow it down for you.To get more news about ebike lock, you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.

During this time, I’ve had hands-on experience with hundreds of different locks and have chosen the 6 best bike locks on the market.
    Bicycle theft has always left cyclists worrying when leaving their bikes locked in busy public places. By using one of the best bike locks available, you greatly reduce the chances of your bike being stolen.If you need help choosing the best lock for you, I provide a bike lock buying guide towards the bottom of the page.

“The Best Bike Lock” will be different for everyone as it will depend upon your personal circumstances.

The OnGuard Brute is the first bike lock in our list of the best bike locks. This bike lock recently took first place in my review of the best cheap bike locks and brushed aside the competition.

If you worry about your bike whilst you’re away from it, the OnGuard Brute’s whopping 16.8mm hardened steel shackle resists even the most brutal attacks.

The Brute was one of the first locks on the market to receive the Sold Secure Diamond rating, which wasn’t a surprise to me. Bike locks with shackles/links wider than 16mm can be considered bolt cutter proof, so the OnGuard Brute joins this exclusive club of locks that are immune to even the largest 42” bolt cutters.

The OnGuard Brute is significantly more affordable than most of the other best bike locks, and is ideal for cyclists who’re a budget.

Whilst it’s the cheapest lock featured in this review, it’s not made with the highest quality materials.The Brute is not as strong as the Granit Extreme 59, which you can read about towards the bottom of the page.

That being said, are aware of how secure the OnGuard Brute is. OnGuard gave the Brute a 97OnGuard Brute Rating 97/100 rating for its security, which makes it their most secure bike lock.If you’ve already read about the best folding bike locks or the best lightweight bike locks, you’ll be familiar with the Foldylock Compact [Amazon link].

Folding bike locks are designed for cyclists who need a lock that provides increased portability, whilst retaining a respectable level of security.The Foldylock Compact [Amazon Link] provides impressive protection for a lock of its weight and size. However, you do receive slightly less protection than when using a D lock.

Each 5mm hardened steel plate the Foldylock uses is capable of resisting an enhanced toolkit and can repel more determined attacks.The Foldylock is suitable for use in low-medium risk areas. Or, when locking your bike in high-risk areas, use the Compact for shorter periods of time.

If you’re sick and tired of carrying an awkwardly heavy bike lock, this is the best bike lock for you.

The Foldylock Compact is available at a very affordable price here [Amazon Link].

Otherwise, if you know you want a folding lock but aren’t sure about the Foldylock Compact, read my review of the best folding bike locks.