Forums » Suggestions

Rays Trade for Center Fielder Jose Siri

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 6:44 AM EST

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. In a move to bolster production from the center field spot, the Tampa Bay Rays made a trade on Monday, picking up center fielder Jose Siri from the Houston Astros in a three-team trade.To make room for Siri, the Rays have designated popular outfielder Brett Phillips for a signment. Seth Roberts Jersey Phillips, the local product from Seminole is a huge fan favorite, but he's been struggling immensely this year, hitting just .147 and striking out 85 times in just 184 at-bats.The Rays lost starting center fielder Kevin Kiermaier to a season-ending hip injury last month. Marlon Humphrey Jersey Phillips has played a lot in center field, as has rookie Josh Lowe, who was just sent back down to Triple-A Durham earlier in the week. The Rays also signed Roman Quinn last week, and he's 5-for-19 in Earl Thomas III Jersey nine games.The Rays gave up minor-league right-handers Seth Johnson and Jayden Murray to pick up Siri. Johnson was sent to the Baltimore Orioles, Murray to the Astros.The Rays also made a trade earlier in the day with the Los Angeles Dodgers.They acquired left-hander Garrett Cleavinger in exchange for minor-league outfielder Germn Tapia. To make room on the 40-man roster, right-hander Luke Bard was designated for a signment.Phillips released a me sage to Rays fans on Twitter."Rays fans, it's been an absolute pleasure and honor to play for my hometown team,'' Phillips said. "It sucks, but Sam Koch Jersey we all know busine s is busine s. I'm going to dust myself off and keep moving forward. I appreciate each and every one of you all for the support the last couple of years. We've had a heck of a time. All I ask is that you continue to go out there and support the Rays.Scroll to Continue"I've seen this fan Jimmy Smith Jersey base grow in the last couple of years and it's been awesome. Until next time, and never forget, baseball is fun, baby. God ble s.''Here is the complete release from the Rays on the Siri trade: