How to File taxes 1099 and W-2 Form Together?

  • Are you feeling overwhelmed by tax season? Are the terms 1099 and W-2 forms making your head spin? Don't worry, you're not alone. Filing taxes can be a daunting task, especially if you receive both types of forms from multiple employers. But fear not! In this blog post, we'll guide you through the process of filing taxes with both 1099 and W-2 forms together. So grab a cup of coffee and let's get started on simplifying your tax-filing experience!

    What is a 1099 Form?

    A 1099 form is an income tax form issued to individuals or businesses that have received income above the minimum dollar amount required by the IRS. The 1099 form is used to report all taxable income, including wages, salaries, tips, commissions, etc.

    The W-Form is used to report income and expenses to the IRS. To file taxes and a W-Form together, you will need to attach both forms to your tax return.

    What is a W-2 Form?

    The W-2 form is a tax form that employers must send to employees each year. The W-2 form includes information such as the employee's name, Social Security number, and wages earned in the previous year.

    If you are self-employed, you will also need to file a W-2 form. This form will show your income, tax withholding, and other information related to your business.

    You should file your W-2 forms with the IRS by December 31 of the year that they were filed or by June 15 of the following year, if you have estimated taxes due.

    How to File Taxes 1099 and W-2 Forms Together?

    When you receive a 1099 form from your employer, you should also receive a W-2 form to report your earnings. The reason for this is that 1099 is just an informational form and does not report your earnings. The W-2 does report your earnings and should be filed with your tax return.

    To file taxes and W- Forms together, follow these steps:

    1. Scan or photocopy the 1099 and the W-2 form.

    2. Complete Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, and attach both forms to it as appropriate.

    3. Mail the completed Form 1040 along with all supporting documentation to the IRS address indicated on the front of your return (for example Internal Revenue Service Center 1111 Constitution Ave NW, Washington D.C., 20548).

    Where to File Your Taxes

    Whether you are self-employed, an employee, or a small business owner, filing taxes can be a daunting task. Here is a guide to help you file your taxes the right way.

    To start, determine your tax status. There are four basic types of taxpayers: individual, married filing jointly, married filing separately, and head of household. If you are an individual, you must file using IRS Form 1040EZ. If you are married filing jointly or qualifying as head of household, file Form 1040A or 1040B, respectively. If you are married filing separately and have no dependents, file Form the 1040S.

    Next, gather your paperwork. can you be both 1099 and w2, Forms W-2 (employment earnings), Forms 1099 (the investment income), and Schedule C (business income). You may also need to submit Forms 4952(b) (self-employment taxes on tips) and 4953 (self-employment taxes on other income). Keep in mind that some forms may require additional documentation. For example, if you earned more than $250 in tips during the year, you may need to provide documentation showing how those tips were calculated and reported on your tax return.

    Finally, complete and submit your tax return. Make sure to include all the required documentation and pay any applicable taxes due. Don't stress—the IRS has detailed instructions on how to file online and through their e-file system available at


    It can be a little confusing when it comes to filing your taxes. This article will guide you through the process of filing your 1099 and W-2 forms together. By doing this, you will avoid any confusion or complications down the road. Let us help make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible!

    Need Help Filing US Taxes Visit: