Forums » Suggestions

also failed score in the seventh when J.D

• January 13, 2020 3:43 AM EST

Adam Hadwin will resume his first full season on the PGA Tour out of his comfort zone. Arizona Coyotes Shirts .The native of Moose Jaw, Sask., now living in Abbotsford, B.C., tees it up Thursday at the Sony Open in Hawaii, the Tours first full-field event of 2015 that comes following nearly a two-month break. Hadwin will be one of five Canadians in the field — joining David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., Nick Taylor, a Winnipeg native now living in Abbotsford, Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., and Calgary native Roger Sloan — as American Jimmy Walker defends his title.But Hadwin will have to get used to more than just the five-hour time difference in Hawaii.It feels weird to start my season this quickly, Hadwin said during a conference call Wednesday. Normally Ive got another month before I start.I went home for Christmas for a week, then straight back down to Phoenix and right back into it. Ive been working hard in Phoenix since Dec. 28th. The reason I worked so hard was a pretty good reason, to play on the PGA Tour.Hadwin will play the full 2014-15 season after topping the Web.com Tour money list last year. The 27-year-old opened the campaign on a solid note, making the cut in four of the five events he entered, finishing tied for 10th at the $6.2-million US Shriners Hospital for Children Open in Las Vegas in October.But Hadwin didnt kick back and enjoy himself over the break. With longtime coach Brett Saunders heading to Australia to visit family, Hadwin said he had to get in as much work with Saunders as possible before his departure. After spending Christmas with family, Hadwin went to Phoenix and resumed preparing for the resumption of the Tour schedule.Still, after a hectic 14 campaign, Hadwin said the time off — while limited — was certainly welcomed.I was definitely drained, I was ready for a break, he said. There wasnt a whole lot of time to enjoy the 2014 year and what went on.By the end of Mexico (the OHL Classic at Playa del Carmen, which ended Nov. 16), I was ready to put some distance between me and my clubs for a while.Hadwin resumes play at No. 100 in the Tour rankings and 682 points behind FedEx Cup leader Robert Streb.I think I got off to an OK start, Hadwin said. I really struggled with my game the first part but the one thing I learned was when I didnt feel my best I was able to kind of hang in there, make the cut and get to the weekend and once you do that you never know what could happen.You might find lightning in a bottle and jump into a top-10 like I did in Vegas. I was really proud that in the first five events I was able to do that.Hadwin, who had two wins on the Web.com Tour, was recently named as Canadas top male golfer for 2014. But Hadwin hasnt set personal goals over the remainder of the PGA Tour.Instead, his focus will be on matters he can control.Im not a huge goal-setter, especially not sort of outcome goals — things like I want to keep my card or I want to be in the top-50, he said. Those are very dependant on how others play.This year Im just more focused on making sure I am as prepared as I can be for each event. I want to be a little bit better with my time management so that Im doing everything each week that I need to do in order to be prepared for that event, scheduling enough time to get into the gym to stretch out and loosen my body and do all those things. If I can take care of the things I can control and prepare on and off the golf course then Im going to set myself up to be successful. From there its anybodys guess on how far I can take this.And although Hadwin is living out his dream of playing on the PGA Tour, he says his life hasnt changed.Im still doing the same things, Im still friends with the same people, still hanging out and enjoying my life, he said. Obviously things on the course have changed a little bit, were playing bigger events, more people are watching.But life off the course hasnt changed. Ulf Nilsson Jersey .J. - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Keith Yandle Jersey . One out away from finishing off an impressive shutout, they let a must-win game slip away.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Rays overcame a masterful performance by David Price. Price allowed only a first-inning RBI triple to Brandon Guyer in his first start against his former team, and Alex Cobb and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Detroit Tigers 1-0 Thursday to avoid a three-game sweep. "Its weird," Guyer said. "Ive never seen a win like that." Ben Zobrist reached on a throwing error by shortstop Eugenio Suarez and scored on Guyers hit. Price then retired his final 23 batters, nine on strikeouts, to finish an eight-inning complete game. Cobb (9-6) scattered two hits, walked two and struck out six over seven innings, improving to 7-0 in his last 10 starts. After Brad Boxberger worked out of an eighth-inning jam, Jake McGee got three outs for his 14th save and complete a four-hitter. "What can I say, man?" Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "It really lived up to the billing prior to the game. Just happy we won." Kevin Kiermaier, inserted as a defensive replacement in right field, made diving catch on Rajai Davis flare with a runner on second and one out in the eighth. Price, traded to the Tigers as part of a three-team deal on July 31, got a standing ovation while taking his warmup throws before the bottom of the first. "Thats probably as good as Ive pitched in a game that went my way," Price said. "Its the least amount of hits Ive ever given up." Price, taken first overall by Tampa Bay in the 2007 draft, got the save in the Rays Game 7 victory over Boston in the 2008 AL championship series and was the 2012 AL Cy Young Award winner. "All the stuff leading up to the game was awesome," Cobb said. "Definitely, David deserved everything he got from the crowd annd leading up to the game with all the hype. Ilya Lyubushkin Jersey. Once it became game-time, the facts are were streaking in the wrong direction a little bit and we definitely needed the win." Tampa Bay had lost four in a row after becoming just the fourth big league team to reach .500 in the same season after dropping 18-games under the break-even mark. The Rays lead the AL with 16 shutouts. "Classic pitchers duel," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Alex Avila walked and Suarez singled to open the third, but Cobb got a double-play grounder from Davis and Ian Kinslers grounder. The Tigers also failed score in the seventh when J.D. Martinez struck out and Nick Castellanos hit a flyball with runners on second and third. TRAINERS ROOM Tigers: Miguel Cabrera was the DH one day after aggravating an old right ankle injury sliding at home plate Wednesday night. "Generally speaking hes fine," Ausmus said. ... RHP Justin Verlander (sore right shoulder) threw a light bullpen with "no issues" and is scheduled to start one game in Saturdays doubleheader at Minnesota. He walked into Ausmus office after the mound session and high-fived the manager. Rays: C Ryan Hanigan (oblique) is scheduled to play for Class-A Charlotte Friday. ONE-HIT SHOW The Rays are the first team since the 1915 St. Louis Terriers of the Federal League to win and lose a one-hit game during the same season. Tampa Bay allowed one hit in a 3-2 loss to Oakland on May 21. UP NEXT Tigers: Detroit heads to Minnesota for a four-game series that begins Friday night. The second AL wild-card leader trails Central Division-leading Kansas City by 1 1-2 games. Rays: Tampa Bay opens a seven-game, two-city road trip Friday night against AL East-rival Toronto. ' ' '