Forums » News and Announcements

How Do I Get Started with Facebook Live?

• 1441 posts
    August 30, 2022 1:34 AM EDT

How Do I Get Started with Facebook Live?

Now that you’ve got some inspiration, it’s time to get the wheels turning with Facebook Live. The good news is that it’s quite simple to create your first live video. All you need is a mobile device or desktop computer that has a solid camera or webcam and microphone.To get more news about 39bet-xì dách-phỏm miền bắc-tiến lên miền bắc-xóc đĩa-game bắn cá, you can visit official website.

Here are 5 easy steps to get started:

Step #1: Select the “Live Video Button”
    If you’re on a mobile device or going live from your Facebook profile rather than a Facebook company page, a small button will appear when drafting a post that says “Live Video.” Select it to get started!
    Step #2: Write a Click-Worthy Description
    Your description and video thumbnail are by the far the most important pieces of your video. Without compelling copy to entice your viewers, your live video isn’t going to get much if any traction.When writing your copy, ensure it’s direct, actionable, and informative, with a hint of mystery to spark curiosity in your viewers.

Step #3: Get in Position & Hit “Go Live!”
    Put on your finest ball-gown, and style your hair! Or you can go the more casual, authentic route (recommended) like the image of me below working from my parents’ dining room (I swear my hand is not that large in real life).
    Step #4: Click “Finish” Once Your Post is Done
    Be aware of where the “finish” button is (at the bottom of the page) so you can give a proper sign-off.
    Step #5: Post Your Live Video on Your Page & Make Any Desired Edits
    Once you’re no longer live, your video can still live on for fashionably late viewers to enjoy. Share your video on your page, and make any edits you need to the description, thumbnail, add caption, etc.!
    7 Facebook Live Best Practices
    Aside from the obvious tips, like having a strong and dependable internet connection, you may be curious how else you can set your Facebook Live video on the path to video viewing success.

Here are 7 easy tips to improve your Facebook Live video recording, leading to more eyes on your content.

#1: Face a Window!
    Far too often I see these awful video recordings that are glaringly bright and hard to focus on because the star of the video has their back to a window, like the image below. Yikes!

Facing a window will give you a beautiful source of natural light, and make you appear clear in your video frame. Just check out the difference in the before and after photos below.
    #2: Film Horizontally on Your Mobile Device
    Mobile filmers have the natural urge to film vertically since this is just how you’re used to using your phone, but flipping your phone to a horizontal view yields a much nicer sized video. Horizontal videos look better all around, especially when displayed on the news feed.
    #3: Create a Few Practice Videos on Your Profile Page
    Before ripping the bandaid off and going live, you should test things out by creating a practice video restricted to your eyes only. You can do this by going to your own Facebook profile, and selecting “Only Me” before recording.
    #4: Get Personal
    The beauty of Facebook Live is that it allows you to share your experiences in real time, and make a more human connection with your audience. Take this a step further by sharing some bits of your life to connect with your audience on a more personal level.

No, you don’t need to give away your social security number or dive into the details of your messy breakup, but share something positive from your life, like the example from Plated below.
    #5: Smile, and Be Properly Caffeinated!
    At Wistia, we film a LOT of videos in house, and one tip always provided by our video producers is to bring energy and speak with a smile. This is something critical to remember when filming Facebook Live videos because you only have one take once you’re live!
    #6: Embrace Small Mistakes
    So you stuttered on a word multiple times? Or maybe you had one piece of hair that was sticking up the entire time? Perhaps you burnt a piece of toast on your Facebook Live cooking show?
    #7: Ask Your Viewers to Interact
    You’re likely aware that posts with more likes, comments, shares, and views are prioritized on the news feed. Facebook’s algorithms recognize popular content, and actually make it even more popular without the advertiser needing to pay extra for more eyes.