Forums » News and Announcements

BEST ELECTRIC HUNTING BIKES REVIEW

• 2833 posts
    June 23, 2022 9:14 PM EDT

Are you looking for an easier way to get to your blind or tree stand? Or perhaps check all your trail cams in a fraction of the time it takes today?Is that sweet spot you know getting harder to reach?To get more news about fatest ebike, you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.

When you have to carry 50lbs of gear on your back for 5 or even 10 miles and if you’re lucky you have something to haul back out, using an electric bike built specifically for offroad use and woodlands, that are also capable of carrying your gear would make the experience a whole lot more enjoyable.To get more news about 52V Ebike, you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.

Electric hunting bikes have been around for a few years, and technology has come a long way. Today ebikes explicitly built for hunting can make a big difference to the success of your trip and every trip after that.To get more news about himiway ebike, you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.

I recently sold one to a hunter, and as we got chatting about what type of components he would need, it came up that getting the ebike was his wife’s idea. She told him that since he was getting on in years and his knees were not as reliable as they once were, his wife would feel a lot better knowing he had the bike to help him get in and out.It was the first time I really considered the emotional aspect of not only the hunter and the benefits they bring to the hunt but also to the peace of mind for the hunter's family.

Knowing the rider can still ride without pedaling (in case of injury, for example) by just engaging the throttle is comforting or even getting out of a precarious situation in a matter of seconds. The benefits stretch further than riding uphill with ease.

Anyway, I wanted to present to you what I feel are the best 11 ebikes for hunting. The list truth be told could have been 27, but who has time to read through all those?!

Before getting into the list of bikes I selected I thought it would be helpful to explain a few fundamentals and what makes a good hunting bike including the motor types and how to calculate the range of the battery, as it’s the battery that determines range.Contrary to popular belief it's not just a standard ebike with a camo paint job, There's a lot more to it than that. The excellent electric hunting bikes that we’ll look at later in the write-up start with the motor, a motor that is powerful enough to carry a 300lb rider and still tow a trailer with lots of gear.

The bike is then designed and built around that motor. The bike frame needs to be built to withstand the rough terrain but light enough to lift out of your truck or trailer.

Front suspension is an essential aspect of a smooth ride. Nobody wants to clamp their finely tuned bow to their handlebars only to ride 10 miles rocking and vibrating all the way in. Ebikes built for hunting also have fat tires ranging between 4” and 4.8” so they get a lot of traction on soft and loose terrain.

One on the list (The Mule) actually has a walk-assist mode too. Imagine you are pulling a load on the bike trailer and you come to terrain or hill that you’re not confident navigating on the saddle. You can walk beside the bike with the walk-assist engaged at 3 mph and the ebike motor does the heavy lifting.

As I explain which 11 ebikes make the list and why, take note of the different types of motors. The motor is the most important aspect of the hunting ebike and depending on what you use it for and where you plan to use it, should be the biggest factor when choosing your next electric hunting bike.The rear hub sits inside the back wheel. The hub motor is simple and quite inexpensive to manufacture and so usually used on ebikes that don't need the hill climbing capabilities of the mid drive which means a less expensive ebike.

Hub motors tend to be more about raw power and brute force, it pushes from the back and can feel similar to the force of a motorcycle. One nice feature is since the rear hub spins the wheel, if the chain was to snap you could still get back to camp or back home.

The mid drive motor works with the drivetrain so a snapped chain would prevent the bike from operating. Not so much an issue now with the bikes on this list as they all use harden steel chain links built to withstand the extra pressure put on the chain by the motor, but still something to consider...