Forums » News and Announcements

.Formerly one of the most

• March 21, 2020 1:16 AM EDT

Matildas captain Lisa De Vanna insists shes not ready to walk away from the sport despite taking an break from playing that has extended to this years W-League season. Wholesale Jerseys .The nominee for Asian Player of the Year has been a noticeable absentee from this years domestic womens football league.After playing in every previous W-League campaign, De Vanna is watching her Matildas teammates from the sidelines as she rests from a taxing 18 months which included a World Cup, Olympics and Olympic qualifying tournament and two club campaigns at home and abroad.But she revealed her break was about more than just physical and mental recovery.You cant play forever so Im starting to look at different avenues in my life, she told AAP.Im doing my coaching stuff and have to really focus. I dont think I can play football and do this at the same time.De Vanna is chasing her coaching badges and is completing a C-Licence, ruling out any W-League action in 2016.But she is likely to get involved in the new year, with the Matildas next assignment - the Cyprus Cup - looming in early March.The fleet-footed forward said national team coach Alen Stajcic gave his blessings to her plan.Staj is happy that Im doing this coaching course but he also made it clear that Ive got to start playing again to go to the Cyprus Cup, she said.Hes been really understanding.My life after football is something that I need to think about even though Staj says I could play until Im 38 which I dont want to do. Im 32 on Monday and thats a bit scary.The Olympic Games, emotionally and mentally, was a big drain. It was so intense. I needed a mental break away from football, focus on other things, and then Ill get back into the swing of things.De Vanna turned out for title-winners Melbourne City last season but said she hadnt put a thought to which club she might turn out for when she leaps back into the league.The Asian player of the year award will be conferred on December 1, with fellow Matilda Caitlin Foord among the three nominees.Kate Gill (2010) and Katrina Gorry (2014) are the most recent Australian winners of the award, for which Elise Kellond-Knight was also nominated last year. Cheap Jerseys . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Cheap Jerseys From China . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. https://www.wholesalejerseysaaa.com/ .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. PARIS -- Midfielder Younes Belhanda again made an impression for Nice as he scored a late equalizer in a 1-1 draw at his former club Montpellier on Sunday.Last weekend, Belhanda came off the bench to set up a late winner against Marseille in a 3-2 home win with a brilliant back heel.This time, after going close in the first half, the lively Belhanda struck in the 85th minute, giving Nice an important point that moves it into second place in the French league behind local rival Monaco.Formerly one of the most highly-rated young players in the French league, Belhanda helped unheralded Montpellier win the title against all odds four years ago, with big-spending Paris Saint-Germain finishing second.The Morocco internatiional is currently on loan from Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev, where he has been in and out of the side over the past three years, having also had a spell with German side Schalke last season. Wholesale NFL Jerseys. .Also Sunday, winger Romain Hamouma scored a penalty in the third minute of injury time as Saint-Etienne beat Corsican side Bastia 1-0.Elsewhere, Marseille drew 0-0 at home to bitter rival Lyon.There were no away fans allowed following violent clashes between rival supporters last season before the match.The result did nothing much for either side, with Lyon ninth and Marseille down in 15th. ' ' '