Forums » News and Announcements

a position player for a 12t

• March 17, 2020 10:24 PM EDT

OXFORD, Ohio -- Newcomers Michael Weathers, with 21 points, and Jake Wright with 13 led Miami (Ohio) to a season-opening 84-57 over Muskingum on Friday. Red Wings Jerseys 2021 .Weathers, a freshman guard, was 7-of-12 shooting, 6 of 7 from the line and grabbed seven rebounds while Wright, a redshirt sophomore who transferred from The Citadel, was 5 of 10 from the floor. Dion Wade, who grabbed 10 rebounds, is one of six returners on a roster with seven newcomers for the RedHawks, who lost two-thirds of their scoring and rebounding from last season.The Division-III Fighting Muskies, playing with five returning starters, trailed just 38-34 early in the second half, but were then held scoreless for over five minutes with Wrights 3-pointer giving Miami an 18-point lead. The RedHawks led by as many as 30 after that.Cameron Miller scored 9 points to lead the Muskies, who counted the game as an exhibition. Detroit Red Wings Shirts . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Wholesale Red Wings Jerseys . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. https://www.cheapredwings.com/ .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. CHICAGO -- Felix Hernandez was so excited to face Chris Sale he loaded up on caffeine before the game and briefly got dizzy.King Felix needed the extra energy to beat the dominant White Sox ace.Sale struck out 14 but got outpitched by Hernandez and the Seattle bullpen, and the Mariners ended a three-game skid Friday night by beating Chicago 3-1.Hernandez (9-4) improved to 5-0 in eight starts since returning from the disabled list, throwing 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball.But he said he was scared as he was attended to before the third inning.Everything went black. I couldnt feel my legs and I was a little dizzy, Hernandez said. I had a few Red Bulls and that was probably what it was.Sale (15-7) gave up five hits and walked none in his fifth complete game of the season. He retired the final 16 batters, striking out 10 of them.I guess it looks good on paper but you want to come out on top in a game like that, no doubt, Sale said.I think we definitely had a good matchup tonight. Its what people came to see and the wrong team came out on top, it depends on who you ask, I guess. Sometimes you run into people like that, he said.Sale struck out six straight in the sixth and seventh innings, one shy of Joe Cowleys team record.Franklin Gutierrez hit a solo home run in the second and Adam Lind added an RBI double off in the fourth off Sale.Thank God we did it early because as everybody saw, when he gets on a roll its like lights out, Mariners manager Scott Servais said of Sale. Hes obviously one of the best pitchers in the league for a reason. We had no chance, really, after the fourth and fifth inning.Todd Fraziers 32nd home run in the seventh was one of eight hits off Hernandez until he left with the bases loaded.Edwin Diaz entered and earned a five-out save by getting some help.Third baseman Shawn OMalley, filling in for the injured Kyle Seager, threw home for a force play on Tim Andersons slow roller before Jose Abreu popped out.Diaz struck out the side in the ninth for his 11th save in as many tries.I got like four days off and I was a sttarter before, Diaz said of the extra work with Seattles short bullpen. Detroit Red Wings Gear. I got the starters mentality sometimes.Hernandez, a six-time All-Star, entered leading the AL in ERA (2.95) since 2012. Sale, a five-time All-Star, was tops in that period in strikeouts (1,065).Sale started for the AL in the All-Star Game this year after Hernandez did in 2015.Gutierrez sent Sales 97 mph fastball into the seats in right-center in the second and the Mariners added another run on a double play in the third.Nelson Cruz singled and scored on Linds double in the fourth.The White Sox hit into two double plays and had two players picked off first, helping to waste Sales big night against Hernandez.You run into a guy like that, hes special Theres no doubt about it, Sale said. I mean, his nicknames the King. That doesnt fall on too many people. You pick yourself up and move on.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: Seager (foot) missed a third straight game, but said he was definitely getting better and was expected back Saturday. Servais said when Seager returns theyll switch out a position player for a 12th pitcher. We do need the extra arm, Servais said. You cant carry what were carrying right now for too many days.White Sox: C Alex Avila (hamstring) was activated off the disabled list as C Dioner Navarro was traded to Toronto. . LF Melky Cabrera (sick) missed a second straight game. It looks like hell be fine for tomorrow, manager Robin Ventura said.WATER BALLOONSThe Mariners conducted a pregame contest where three players used a sling shot to launch a water balloon across the outfield as another player attempted to catch it without it bursting. Its part of the Ms Olympics that includes medals and a victory stand.I thought the emotional outburst from Adam Lind was tremendous, Servais said.UP NEXTChicagos Jose Quintana (10-9), holder of the ALs third-best ERA at 2.84, faces fellow LHP Ariel Miranda (1-0, 5.49) on Saturday night. ' ' '