Forums » News and Announcements

9 Things To Know Before Buying An E-Bike

• 2863 posts
    January 17, 2022 11:28 PM EST

9 Things To Know Before Buying An E-Bike

Riding an e-bike is a perfect way to explore the outdoors like never before, and now is an excellent time if you are like me and ready to jump into the e-bike club. Before you take the plunge, here are some tips to help you find the perfect e-bike for you. The marketplace has an e-bike designed for everyone.To get more news about electric motorcycle, you can visit davincimotor.com official website.

1. What Is An E-Bike?
    E-bikes, for the most part, look like traditional bicycles. The key difference is that e-bikes include an electric motor and a battery to give you an extra boost while riding.
    When my husband and I purchased our e-bikes, I jokingly said on social media that we had joined the lazy bikers club. That statement was shut down quickly by friends who owned e-bikes. Now that my husband and I have owned our e-bikes for 6 months, I understand their statement. You can pedal as much or as little as you want when you ride your e-bike. The more you pedal, the more calories you burn and the longer your battery will last. We now find ourselves riding 30 miles, whereas before, 10 miles was a good bike ride for us.

2. Is The E-Bike Easy To Transport?
    One of the things that my husband and I looked for when we purchased our e-bikes was transportability. We often travel with a travel trailer in tow with a dual-cab Dodge RAM truck and a Subaru Outback. For us, it made sense to find foldable e-bikes. Lectric eBikes was the solution for us. Our bikes are easy to transport; they fit in our vehicles, including our travel trailer. You will also want to look at the weight of a foldable e-bike, as you may need a ramp to help you get them up into your vehicle.
    3. Know How You Want To Ride An E-Bike
    If you know that you want to ride off-road bike trails, you will enjoy an e-bike designed for off-roading. A larger frame and tires are warranted when you know that you will be taking to rougher trails. If you want a casual, slower-paced ride, an e-bike with smaller tires and fewer gears will meet your needs. A good rule of thumb: The more you spend on an e-bike, you will have longer battery life, a sturdier frame, and more bells and whistles for your ride.
    4. Gears And Assist Levels
    Like with traditional bikes, you can purchase an e-bike with a few gears or plenty more. Some e-bikes go as high as 40 gears. When considering your purchase, think of how fine-tuned you want your ride. The fewer gears your e-bike has, the fewer speeds you will have to choose from.
    5. Battery Life
    When riding your e-bike, you can look at a computer screen to see how much battery life you have remaining. Depending on where you are on a bike ride, it may help you determine how often you want to use the electric assist. The more you use the electric assist feature, the quicker your battery will drain. After you ride an e-bike, you will want to charge the battery.
    6. Comfort And Your E-Bike
    E-bikes come with standard seats, and many owners like to upgrade to a more comfortable seat before they hit the trails. You may choose to invest in biker shorts and a padded seat before your first ride.
    7. Where Can I Ride An E-Bike?
    You can ride your e-bike in many places, but there are some places where they are not allowed. Be sure to read the rules and regulations for e-bikes when you visit any park. There are areas in national and state parks where e-bikes are not allowed. Many areas consider e-bikes to be motorized vehicles, and therefore don’t allow them on bike trails in the area.
    8. Warranties And Customer Service For E-Bikes
    As with any purchase, read up on the warranty before you buy. A reputable e-bike company will have warranty information on their website. A quick search on social media for any company will give you an idea on what type of customer service you can expect. If you have questions about your e-bike, social media is a great place to reach out to find the answer. You can send a private message or search through social media post, as there’s a good chance that your answer will be featured on the company’s social media pages.