Forums » Support

Thompson then took his turn a

• January 21, 2020 1:56 AM EST

BOSTON -- Mike Carp spent more than a month on the disabled list with a broken right foot. Fake Nike Air Max 1 . He watched the Boston Red Sox struggle, wishing he could contribute. Sometimes, he couldnt bear to watch. "Some of the nights, I almost had to turn the TV off in those situations because you cant be there to help," Carp said. "Its tough being on the DL with a boot on my foot." He was smiling Thursday after delivering a pinch-hit single in the 10th inning that gave the Red Sox a 4-3 win, their second consecutive walk-off victory over the Chicago White Sox. "Happy times," said Carp, who was on the disabled list from June 2 until being activated Monday. There havent been many of those this season for the Red Sox, the defending World Series champions who are in last place in the AL East. With two straight wins to end their 3-7 homestand, they head to Houston for a three-game series with a chance to build some momentum going into the All-Star break. "Hopefully itll get us in a little bit of a rhythm, comfort level," said left-hander Jon Lester, who allowed one run and struck out 12 in seven innings. "A win like today is huge." Lester gave up seven hits and no walks. In his last six starts, hes 3-0 with a 1.01 ERA, 39 strikeouts, six walks and 33 hits allowed in 44 2-3 innings. He extended his streak to 45 innings without giving up a homer. But fellow All-Star Koji Uehara allowed a tying, two-run homer in the ninth to pinch-hitter Conor Gillaspie -- his third long ball in three games and fourth of the season. "Hes been hotter than all get-out lately," teammate Adam Eaton said. David Ortiz had a two-run double that gave the Red Sox a 3-1 lead in the sixth after Jose Quintana retired Bostons first 15 batters. "I really wanted to win this game because (Lesters) a really good pitcher," said Quintana, whose scoreless streak ended at 20 2-3 innings, "but I had one bad inning in the sixth." Pinch-hitter Daniel Nava started the winning rally with a leadoff walk and went to second on a sacrifice by Mookie Betts. Stephen Drew, in an 0-for-15 slump, was intentionally walked by Ronald Belisario (3-6). Carp, who had been 0 for 2 as a pinch hitter in the series, then batted for David Ross and lined a single between shortstop and third base. Nava scored the winning run for the second consecutive game, and Carp was mobbed by teammates rushing out of the dugout. In Bostons 5-4 comeback victory Wednesday night, Nava doubled in Betts for the tying run in the ninth and scored on Brock Holts single. Chicago had runners at first and third with two outs in the 10th, but Alexei Ramirez was retired on a grounder to pitcher Andrew Miller (3-5). Ramirez led off the ninth with an infield single -- after first base umpire Cory Blasers out call was reversed on replay. Uehara then struck out Paul Konerko before Gillaspie, batting for Moises Sierra, homered. Lester trailed 1-0 after three batters. Eaton singled, Gordon Beckham struck out and Jose Abreu hit an RBI double over a leaping Jonny Gomes in left field. Lester then struck out Dayan Viciedo. Lester fanned two batters in each of the first five innings and one each in the sixth and seventh before being replaced by Junichi Tazawa, who pitched a perfect eighth. Uehara failed to hold the lead, though, his second blown save in 20 chances this season. Boston went ahead in the sixth when the first three batters reached base on full counts. Drew became Bostons first runner with a walk and went to second on a walk to Ross. Jackie Bradley Jr. attempted to bunt on the first four pitches, then took a ball to bring the count to 3-2. He grounded a single to right field for Bostons first hit, driving in Drew with the tying run. The next two batters were retired before Ortizs two-run double. NOTES: Chicago lost its second straight game after winning its previous three. ... Boston scored in just five innings during the four-game series. ... Chicago LHP Chris Sale won the online fan vote for the final spot on the AL All-Star team, his third straight selection. "No matter, I think, how many you make, you still get excited about it," he said. ... The Red Sox send John Lackey (9-6) to the mound against Scott Feldman (4-5) in the opener of a three-game series at Houston on Friday night. The White Sox begin a three-game series at Cleveland with Hector Noesi (3-6) pitching against Corey Kluber (8-6) of the Indians. Replica Nike Air Max 1 . The Cottagers last victory came in a 2-1 home win over West Ham when Rene Meulensteen was still in charge. Since then, a miserable run of seven defeats and two draws has seen the club part with the Dutch coach and replace him with German Felix Magath. Nike Air Max 1 Store . Carey Price made 27 saves for Montreal (30-21-6) for his fourth shutout of the year and second in four games. David Desharnais added an empty netter for the Canadiens. Reto Berra stopped 25 shots for Calgary (21-28-7).The Los Angeles Clippers will try to knot their Western Conference playoff series with the Golden State Warriors on Monday night when the two teams collide at Staples Center. The Warriors stole home-court advantage with a 109-105 victory Saturday afternoon. Klay Thompson tallied 22 points and seven rebounds, while David Lee had 20 points and 13 rebounds. Harrison Barnes scored 14 with eight boards off the bench for Golden State, while leading scorer Stephen Curry was limited to 14 points with seven assists and seven turnovers. "I am proud of my guys," said Warriors head coach Mark Jackson. "Were not going to quit. We had a tremendous will. This series is far from over." Chris Paul flirted with a triple-double for Los Angeles, depositing 28 points with eight assists and seven rebounds in the disappointing setback. He helped bring the Clippers back into the contest, but made some critical mistakes late. J.J. Redick added a playoff career-high 22 points and DeAndre Jordan scored 11 and grabbed a game-high 14 rebounds. Blake Griffin, an MVP candidate this season, was plagued by foul trouble for most of the game. He managed 16 points before he fouled out after just 19:14 of action. "I kept putting myself in a bad situation by fouling," Griffin said. "I have to do a better job. I have to play smarter. I think some of us, including myself, wanted it too much. We have to relax." The Warriors were in front through most of the second half, but Paul buried a pair of 3-pointers to tie the contest. It was knotted at 105-105 when Golden States Draymond Green worked his way to the free throw line with 24 seconds left and made both. The Clippers used their final timeout and put the ball in their All-Star Pauls hands, but a hard double team forced Paul to lose it out-of-bounds, although a foul couldve been called. After initially ruling Clippers ball, officials went to the monitors and quickly overturned the call, handing it back to Golden State. It appeared to be a classic case of the refereees electing not to call a foul, instead, letting the team retain possession. Nike Air Max 1. While the replay was used correctly by the officials, the NBA acknowledged a foul shouldve been called. "Just prior to the ball going out-of-bounds, Paul was fouled by Green and Paul should have been granted two free throws. Contact preceding out-of-bounds calls is not a reviewable matter," Rod Thorn, NBA President, Basketball Operations said in a statement. Barnes then made 1-of-2 from the stripe, leaving the door open for Los Angeles, but Paul was intentionally fouled and the 86 percent career foul shooter missed both. Green could have put the game away, but he too missed two free throws with 6.8 seconds to play. On the second miss, the Clippers Darren Collison chased down the rebound and stepped out of bounds. Thompson then took his turn at the stripe and made 1-of-2, sealing the outcome. "We didnt play very well," said Clippers head coach Doc Rivers. "We were in foul trouble most of the game. We played hard but a lot of times I think we lost our trust." There were no fireworks that marred three of the four regular-season meetings between the teams. For the Warriors, who pulled off an upset of the Denver Nuggets in the first round last postseason, it was a great win as they were not immune from foul trouble. Andre Iguodala, a stout defender, fouled out in the fourth quarter after around 20 minutes of action. Golden State is already without its defensive anchor, center Andrew Bogut, who fractured a rib and is out indefinitely. "Maybe being short-handed focused on that a little bit more," said Lee. "We feel like this is two very good basketball teams, were a little bit short- handed so our goal tonight was to come out aggressive and to come out and hit first. That didnt mean get down 10 to one or whatever happened, but thats the way it worked but we feel like we have enough players to win this series and just try to be aggressive." This series shifts to Oracle Arena for Game 3 on Thursday night. ' ' '