Forums » News and Announcements

in. But it was clear from the star

• 68 posts
    January 20, 2020 10:21 PM EST

With the NHL Draft coming up on June 27 and free agency opening on July 1, discussions between NHL general managers are already heating up towards a busy off-season. Aaron Hernandez Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. This And That From TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on Wednesday: The Los Angeles Kings have already reached out to Marian Gaboriks camp to try to get something done to keep the pending UFA in the fold. Pending UFA defenceman Andrei Markov of the Montreal Canadiens remains unsigned as the clock ticks toward July 1. "No news. I dont expect anything to happen any time soon," Markovs agent, former NHLer Sergei Berezin, told LeBrun via text Wednesday morning. "But you never know." Agent Steve Bartlett remains in talks with the Tampa Bay Lightning about pending UFA Ryan Callahan: "Good-faith talks with Tampa continue, hard to handicap at this point," Bartlett said via email Wednesday morning. Avalanche of issues As per TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger on TSN Radio 1050 on Wednesday, the Colorado Avalanche will have some difficult decisions to make surrounding Ryan OReilly and Paul Stastny.  One of these situations will definitely get messy and one wonders if Stastny will take a "home town discount." Bolland Banter While speculation continues to surround the Toronto Maple Leafs and pending UFA Dave Bolland, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger told TSN Radio 1050 on Wednesday that as significant as Bolland is to the Leafs, there is a contract number in mind that the team is not comfortable going over. Singing The Blues? As per Andy Strickland of St. Louiss Big 550 KTRS, the Blues are Jason Spezzas top choice as a possible trade destination. Strickland adds that Spezza believes hes headed to either the Blues or the Anaheim Ducks.  Not So Fast Calgary Flames general manager Brad Treliving denied a report over the weekend that suggesting he would offer Jiri Hudler, Mikael Backlund, "possibly" Dennis Wideman and and a draft pick for Ottawa Senators centre Jason Spezza. "Its categorically false," he told Eric Francis of The Calgary Sun. "I havent made any such offers. Thats 100 per cent Fantasy Island. I saw it early Sunday online and had to read it a couple times and had to remind myself oh ya Im the Flames GM. Interesting." Treliving added that while he and soon-to-be-free agent Michael Cammalleri are in talks regarding a possible contract, there was nothing to a report that both sides had agreed to his price but were not in agreement on term. "The only things were unable to agree on are term and price - other than that we have a deal," he told The Sun. Pause Button On Kane? TSN Radio 1260s Gary Lawless wrote in The Winnipeg Free Press on Wednesday that Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff wont deal Evander Kane just for the sake of trading him, as team management believes Kane has yet to reach his full potential and they wouldnt want to see him score 40-plus goals in a different uniform. Lawless adds that the Jets arent going to be offered a roster player of equal value and that teams will try to offer picks and prospects. Market for R.J. Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch writes that R.J. Umberger has given the Blue Jackets a list of 10 teams to which he would not approve a trade. He adds that the Blue Jackets first choice would be to trade Umberger for a player or a draft pick, but they will likely have to keep some of Umbergers salary to make it happen.   J. J. Stokes Jersey . 1 Pete Sampras. Speaking ahead of an exhibition match against Andre Agassi in London on March 3, Sampras said on a conference call Wednesday that he is impressed by Federers longevity. Mike Haynes Jersey . Watch the game live on TSN and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. Serge Ibaka returned to the Thunder lineup from a calf injury that was supposed to sideline him for the remainder of the postseason and the results were sparkling.ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orlando Magics rebuilding process will continue without Glen Davis. General manager Rob Hennigan announced Friday that the team has bought out the 28-year-old forwards contract, which will make him a free agent once he clears waivers. The roster now stands at 12 players. Terms werent released but Davis, who was averaging 12.1 points and 6.3 rebounds in 45 games this season, is making just over $6 million this season and is due to make about $6.6 million next season. "As we continue to chart what we believe is the best course of action for our organization, maximizing the development of our young players remains of critical importance," Hennigan said in statement. "This agreement allows us an opportunity to do just that." Davis name was mentioned as a possible movable asset for the Magic for Thursdays trade deadline, but the team ended the day without making any moves. The buyout ends his three-season run with the Magic which began in lockout-shortened 2011-12 season after he was dealt from the Boston Celtics in a sign-and-trade. With Davis gone, it will likely mean more playing time at power forward for Tobias Harris, as well as for second-year forwards Andrew Nicholson and Kyle OQuinn. Both Nicholson and OQuinn had seen their minutes diminished after Davis returned from injury. Davis had also played centre at times in relief of Nik Vucevic, but those duties will likely now shift to OQuinn. Magic coach Jacque Vaughn acknowledged that the departure of a starter would require adjustments in the rotation, but cautioned that the lineup they played with against New York could change in coming games. "Well see where we go from here. Who starts tonight, Im not saying it will be our lineup for the rest of the year. But Tobias will start and well go from there," Vaaughn said. Roger Craig Jersey. . With Harris in the lineup, swingman Arron Afflalo said it was also possible it could mean he will see more time at small forward, with Jameer Nelson and Victor Oladipo starting at the guard spots. "I suppose you might see a little diet of me, Vic and Jameer," Afflalo said. "So theres probably a chance I will be at the three some. But I don t know how well finish, or start for that matter." Known by the nickname "Big Baby," Davis was averaging career highs in points and rebounds last season before a left shoulder injury and broken foot limited him to just 34 games. He returned from those injuries after missing the first 11 games this season and started 43 of the 45 games he appeared in. But it was clear from the start of the season that it was unlikely that Davis fit into the Magics long-range rebuilding efforts. While Davis had some high points in Magic uniform, his time with the team also featured a handful of negative moments. He had a disagreement with former coach Stan Van Gundy during a practice back in 2012 that concluded with him damaging a locker room wall. The team also fined him earlier this season when he was caught on tape doing minor damage to a hotel lobby following a disagreement with a clerk. Those incidents aside, Nelson said he has happy memories of Davis tenure. "My time here with Glen has been great," Nelson said. "Hes a great teammate and despite what other people think of him, I think hes a great guy and I just wish him the best of luck. "Im not sure what it means for our team in terms of roles, or anything like that. But he did bring a toughness and was definitely a big part of our defence in terms of being a defensive presence and being there for guys. Somebody has to step up and fill that role." ' ' '