Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

ght for Bosnia-Herzegovina, which

• 68 posts
    January 16, 2020 9:38 PM EST

Alan Smith doubts Arsene Wenger is able to take Arsenal forward and feels someone like Diego Simeone would have a bigger impact at the club. Joe Francis Jersey Retro . Alexis Sanchezs double earned Arsenal a 2-0 win over West Brom at the Emirates on Thursday night to move up to third in the Premier League, but they remain 10 points behind Leicester with four matches to play.Sky Sports pundit Smith feels Wenger has failed to find the right chemistry in a squad that should be challenging for the title and wonders if the players would benefit from hearing a different voice next season, citing the current Atletico Madrid manager as an example. The former Arsenal striker told Sky Sports: You dont want to go out on a low after wheat hes achieved at this club, but he has always gone on record as saying if he felt he couldnt take the team forward and improve the team he would walk away. Alan Smith and Jamie Redknapp discuss whether Arsenal still lack a clinical striker after missing opportunities against West Brom Can he improve this team? Ive got my doubts and I think a lot of other people have. He has been here a long time.When George Graham was here I played for him for eight years and by the end of that time we had heard all of his rollickings and all of his team talks. It does get a bit stale.Wenger has done well to last 20 years, but I go back to words like optimism and excitement. Will there be that inside this stadium for the first kick-off of next season given the situation with the other clubs and all their new managers? Diego Simeone is a complete contrast; black and white really. They would be harder to beat with him at the helm. Alan Smith With the group they have got I dont think the chemistry is right in terms of leaders and nastiness sometimes, but I maintain you could get a better performance out of that group than Arsene Wenger has managed to get.For instance, Diego Simeone is a complete contrast; black and white really. They would be harder to beat with him at the helm.Thats probably a fair comment because of the steel he would bring to it. Arsene Wenger is a much different manager. Arsene Wenger was pleased with the quality Arsenal showed in the victory against West Brom Fans held up banners calling for Wenger to leave during Thursdays Premier League match, but Wenger insisted earlier this week that he has no plans to leave.And fellow Sky Sports expert Jamie Redknapp insisted it would be tough for Arsenal to find the right manager to replace him.He said: You look at the managers available at the moment and there arent too many that would fit the bill for this brilliant football club. Could Diego Simeone be the answer for Arsenal this summer? Maybe Joachim Loew, the Germany manager, might fit the philosophy and style of play, but after that its very difficult.I love Simeone and could watch his teams play all day long, but its a complete contrast. They are up-and-at-them.Its a completely different style and I cant imagine Mesut Ozil enjoying that too much. Aaron Ramsey felt that Arsenal deserved the three points against West Brom And after watching Thursday nights game, Redknapp can understand the frustration of supporters following a season of underachievement.Its a big result, but it papers over the cracks really. It doesnt tell us anything, he added.Arsenal shouldnt be in a position where they are scrambling to get into the top four - from a position two points off Leicester eight weeks ago.This still isnt really good enough and Im sure the fans are not happy with that. Now all they can do is get into the top four.Thats what they have to do and its still going to be tight. I think this one should get them over the line. Also See: Arsenal 2-0 West Brom As it happened Wenger pleased with quality Ramsey: We believed NFL Cheap Jerseys . Next years tournament is also within sight for Bosnia-Herzegovina, which has never played in a World Cup, but Cristiano Ronaldo looks destined for the playoffs with Portugal after a night when the qualifying picture in the nine groups became much clearer. Jordan Franks Jersey Retro . PETERSBURG, Fla.SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Texas Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus is dealing with soreness in his right forearm and will be sidelined for at least a few days. Assistant general manager Thad Levine said Saturday that Andrus has flexor tendinitis in his throwing arm. The team believes the issue stemmed from being overworked early in camp, and hope a few days off will allow him a chance to recover. The team provided no exact timetable on when he might start throwing again. Jim Ritcher Jersey Retro. Andrus didnt play winter ball for the first time in his career, and he knew it might take a little longer to get ready this spring. The 25-year-old Andrus is going into his sixth season in the majors. He has played 757 games for the Rangers, 315 more than any current Texas player. ' ' '