Forums » Suggestions

he feels healthy but did

• 68 posts
    January 15, 2020 9:31 PM EST

NUREMBERG, Germany -- Canadas Eugenie Bouchard has captured her first WTA title. Hurricanes Jerseys 2020 . The 20-year-old from Montreal defeated Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic 6-2, 4-6, 6-3 on Saturday to win the Nuremberg Cup title. Bouchard didnt lose a set en route to the final, and then needed less than 30 minutes to win the first set Saturday, losing just four points on serve. She ran into trouble in the second, leading 4-2 before Pliskova reeled off four straight games to force a decisive third set. Bouchard, playing in only her second WTA final, is the first Canadian to win a WTA singles titles since Aleksandra Wozniak, who was crowned champion in Stanford in 2008. The Canadian, who reached the semifinals of the Australian Open, is ranked No. 19 in the world but was the second seed this week because of the absence of many of the worlds top women. The victory will boost Bouchard to a new career-high ranking on Monday headed into the French Open. "Im really excited, of course, second Grand Slam of the year and I think Ive had great preparation," said Bouchard at centre court after Sundays match. "This week has really helped me get ready and Im looking forward to playing some great tennis." Pliskova, who upset top-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany in the quarter-finals, was playing her second final of the year and was seeking her second career title after Kuala Lumpur in 2013. Bouchard will travel to Roland Garros where shell take on Shahar Peer of Israel in her first-round French Open match. Carolina Hurricanes Gear . Wawrinka, who is seeded fourth, is in the top half of the draw with Serbian Novak Djokovic. The Swiss star outlasted Djokovic in a five-set quarterfinal thriller last year and stunned Spaniard Rafael Nadal in the final to capture his first-ever Grand Slam title. Wholesale Hurricanes Jerseys . 1 overall pick in the draft by the Houston Texans, is recovering from sports hernia surgery.CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw allowed two runs and six hits in five innings during Wednesday nights injury rehabilitation stint with the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts. A 29-pitch first inning kept Kershaw from being dominant, but he still finished with nine strikeouts. "I would like to have gotten through six or seven innings, but I had a good time working with these guys," Kershaw said. "Its tough when pitch counts are in the back of your mind. Obviously the main goal of why I was here was to get my pitch count up and be ready for 100-plus pitches in the big leagues. "At the same time, youre trying to compete, too. Fortunately for me, I am kind of done with that and can go pitch now." Kershaw threw 86 pitches Wednesday after tossing 56 Friday during his first rehab stint at Rancho Cucamonga of the Class A California League, when he allowed two hits in five scoreless innings. He opened this season getting a win for the Dodgers over Arizona in Australia on March 22 but went on the disabled list for the first time in his career several days later with a strained upper back. "Ive learned I dont like it," Kershaw said of his DL stint. "As much as yyou try and be a part of this team, our team is playing right now while Im in Chattanooga. Fake Hurricanes Jerseys. Its a weird process for me, and you kind of feel isolated a little bit. Hopefully I never have to do it again." Kershaw said he feels healthy but didnt know when he would be joining his big-league teammates. John Andreoli drew a leadoff walk for the Smokies in the first inning, and Dustin Geiger drove in the first run off Kershaw with a two-out double to left. Geiger singled to left in the fifth inning to score Andreoli again. Kershaws appearance resulted in a sellout crowd of 6,318. "I think its pretty great for this city to get to see Clayton Kershaw, one of the great pitchers in the game doing a rehab assignment," Dodgers player development director DeJon Watson said. "Its a great opportunity for them to see our overall brand of baseball and having Clayton Kershaw as a model of what we do from an organizational standpoint. Were trying to get him in the best position to get him prepared to get him back in the big leagues, and coming here kind of worked out the best. "The competition level is pretty good here, and he was forced to execute good pitches in key counts." ' ' '