Forums » News and Announcements

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic Review

• 1441 posts
    August 15, 2021 10:53 PM EDT

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic Review

It’s been a little over a month since I first stepped through the Dark Portal and took my first steps into Burning Crusade Classic. Although there have been some changes, for the most part, everything is there just as I remembered it. There have even been quite a few things I had forgotten about as well, which has been a real treat as well, and I think that’s where both Classic and Burning Crusade Classic excel. It’s been long enough since we’ve set foot into these areas, in anything even vaguely resembling how they were intended to be played, that even for those of us who were there the first time around, we can still have some of the same sense of discovery that we felt the first time around. There’s something for everyone in BCC, and it’s a blast.To get more news about buy wow classic tbc gold, you can visit lootwowgold official website.

This might sound odd to some people, but I was really looking forward to leveling and working my way through the quests in each zone again. I was more interested in that than getting to raiding, which as a longtime raider, is odd. The way leveling story was done in TBC is fundamentally different than it has been in Retail, since at least Legion, although the real shift in storytelling probably started as far back as Wrath. In BCC, each zone has its setting and things which fit into the overarching storyline, but it’s less defined than it is now. In some ways, everything in the BCC zones feels like side quests, but in a good way. There are many regular run-of-the-mill type quests, but there are also many interesting little questlines that don’t directly link up to the expansion storyline.

When BCC first launched, there were, obviously, a ton of people running around trying to level, which meant waiting on respawns or fighting other players for tags. One difference I’ve noticed in this expansion so far is players, in general, seem less willing to group up to get quests done than they previously did on my server. Of course, this varies from server to server, but I have found a lot more instances of people fighting to tag things rather than just grouping up to help everyone at the same time. This was a bit disappointing initially because the helpfulness of people on my server, in general, was always one of the pluses to playing in Classic.
    This issue has gotten a bit better as we’ve moved further in the expansion, and fewer people are leveling/more people are leveling alts at this point. First of all, since there aren’t as many people about getting in and doing what I needed to just became easier as time went by due to lack of competition. Secondly, everyone seems to be a bit more chill about things in general at this point. Maybe it’s because everyone leveling currently is “behind the curve,” so there’s less pressure to get max level asap, or people are taking a more relaxed approach with leveling alts. Either way, for players looking for an exciting leveling experience and who don’t want to grind dungeons all day, leveling through questing in the various zones is a great option, even if you are looking to level quickly.

Speaking of dungeons, I honestly had forgotten how many there are and how wonderful and fun they all are. There are 15 different dungeons, and each has a hub area making going between the dungeons in one hub incredibly easy. Some aren’t available until max level like Black Morass, while others are available as soon as players step foot through the portal. Although finding a group can sometimes be difficult if you don’t have a group, especially as DPS, I highly recommend doing it whenever you get the opportunity. Aside from the better quality gear than most quests offer, they also are really fun and tell their own stories. Plus, if you have any interest in raiding, then you’ll need to do some for attunements and need to do some heroics for gear as well.
    One of the hardest things for guilds to pull off the first time around was switching from 40 man raids to 10 man Kara and 25 man raids for the rest of the expansion. The 40 down to 10 man was particularly killer. I know some people will say that a 40 man raid could just be broken up into four 10 man groups, and it’d be fine, but that’s not how things work at all. Composition is a bit of an issue; most guilds wouldn’t have eight well-geared tanks sitting around, so they couldn’t put those four groups together quickly. Recruiting that many tanks wouldn’t be a great option long-term either because once you move on to 25 man raids, you don’t need eight tanks anymore. Plus, in a 40 man raid, guilds could get away with having players who might not be that strong. In a ten-man raid, everyone pretty much has to carry their own weight.