Forums » News and Announcements

7 ASO Tips to Increase Organic Installs Like A Pro

• 3091 posts
    June 30, 2021 11:56 PM EDT

OK. You have a great app, a unique app, an app everyone will love. Everything is wonderful, but I have some bad news for you: there are approximately five million (5,400,000) apps in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (source: Statista) and if you don’t make the proper efforts to optimize it for the stores, nobody will organically find, download and use your app. And you don’t want that.To get more news about Android Keyword Ranking Optimization Serve, you can visit aso700.com official website.

Much worse than that, imagine that a competitor (offering a very similar product) suddenly shows up and steals your target audience… Believe me, you don’t want that either.

Fortunately, there’s a fix for that, and it’s called App Store Optimization (ASO).

To help you boost your mobile app business, regardless of your user acquisition budget, I’ve put together a list of 7 ASO tips and best practices that will make your life easier. But first, let me explain something about installs.

What is an organic install?
    An organic install takes place when the user discovers and installs your app without any help, meaning that he hasn’t seen any ad or an affiliate (measured) link from another website or mobile app. In a perfect world, where all paid campaigns and owned sources are properly measured, organic installs are generated via app store search, top charts rankings and Featured, while the users browse through the app stores to discover new apps.

It’s important to distinguish (and measure) these three different sources of installs: paid, owned and organic.As you may know, ASO is the process of optimizing an app in order to increase its visibility in the app stores, improve conversion rates and boost organic installs. Basically, ASO is about traffic and about CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization): The more traffic your app store listing has and the higher your conversion rate is, the more free installs you get.

According to Apple, 65% of app downloads in the App Store come from search queries, so don’t think twice and work on your ASO. Your app will thank you.

In some ways, ASO is similar to web SEO (Search Engine Optimization) mostly when it comes to Search (App Search Optimization), but there’s a relevant difference: web paid campaigns don’t impact SEO, while paid mobile user acquisition campaigns have a direct impact in ASO. When you run paid campaigns, keywords and top charts rankings of your app improve and visibility increases, so organic install volume increases too. There’s a direct relation between organic & non-organic installs: organic uplift.

IMPORTANT: There are some differences between App Store ASO and Google Play ASO and the strategy for each market should be tailored accordingly. For example: Apple allows App Names up to 50 characters, while Google allows only 30 characters in app titles. So, strategies for both markets shouldn’t be the same.