Forums » Introduce Yourself

Anthony Goses RBI single.

• December 17, 2019 3:20 AM EST

Justin Rose is confident he will be 100 percent ready for the US Open next month as he continues to recover from a back injury. Collin Sexton Jersey . Rose was forced to pull out of this weeks BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth and he admitted he is still unable to do anything more than hit wedges and practice his short game, but he is being careful not to rush back into action.The Englishman vowed to work on returning to full fitness ahead of the second major of the year, and he believes the brute of a golf course at Oakmont will be well suited to his game. Rose is working hard to recover from a back injury I want to be 100 percent fit, ready and focused for the US Open, he told Sky Sports at Wentworth. Ill continue to work on my rehab around the clock and try to do all the right things to be fit for Oakmont. I hit a couple of wedges towards the end of the week just to try and gauge where I was, and that was encouraging. Im able to get back into my golf posture, but the important thing is for me to build the armour around my back again and make sure the core is 100 percent stable and ready to deal with the speed of hitting drivers full out.Every day Im making progress and, although its important not to rush these things, Im upbeat and positive. Justin Rose is hoping to be fit to play in the US Open after pulling out of the BMW PGA Championship with a back injury Oakmont is exactly the type of golf course I love to play, its a classic, its tough and its got a reputation for being a real brute of a golf course and I relish that. All being well, my preparations are going to be extensive and Im really going to get to know that golf course as I did before I won at Merion.I spent two or three days really trying to figure out the course at Merion and put a great game plan together and Oakmont will be no different. Rose will prepare for Oakmont the same way he did before winning the US Open at Merion in 2013 Rose also expressed his disappointment at having to miss the European Tours flagship event this week, particularly as he has a very good record over the West Course.Being here just makes it hit home that much more, he added. Wentworth is one of my favourite venues on the European Tour, and more so because its where I grew up, so I regard it as my home tournament. Ive been second here twice, so this event is obviously a real buck for me. Ive come along to show my respect for the European Tour, and obviously this is one of the biggest events they have and BMW do such a great job of hosting this year in year out. They sponsor a number of events in America and in Asia as well, and they are a great sponsor to have for golf. Rose was unable to join Masters champion Danny Willett in the field at Wentworth Wentworth is a course that suits so many different types of players. Luke Donald has won here twice, and then you have the likes of Scott Hend, who is a bomber of the golf ball and hits it miles. Its also great to see an old sage like Lee Westwood playing well here this week.The start here is crucial. I always feel if I can go 4-2-4 over the first three, thats a magic start and it gives me the confidence to go on and build a score, and the par-five fourth is always a great birdie opportunity. Then you can make some ground on a couple of shorter par-fours, and 11 and 12 is a stretch where youre looking for more birdies. Rose has posted five top 10 finishes on the PGA Tour this season Then youre kind of hanging on a little bit coming in, although 16, 17 and 18 offer you opportunities but they are also swing holes, where its just as easy to make bogey as birdie. It can be a volatile stretch coming in, but thats what makes it such an exciting tournament.Rose has enjoyed a consistent season so far, with five top 10s in his 11 starts on the PGA Tour lifting him to 30th in the FedExCup standings, although he feels his putting has cost him the chance of a win. He said: Ive been playing beautiful golf this year and I feel that if I make a putt or two I can win. I feel really good about things and I think Im pacing myself nicely. The last couple of weeks have been a tiny blip, but Im trying to think it could be a blessing in disguise.Theres a huge summer coming up with the majors, the WGCs and the Olympics, and this enforced break might end up paying off for me. When something like this happens you have to frame it differently. You have to stay on top of it, stay positive and put your best foot forward.Im really excited about where my game is and I feel I dont have to make up time when I come back, Having had a couple of weeks off its given me time to think, to motivate and put a plan in place to have a great summer. Also See: Changes planned for Wentworth Spieth on top at Colonial Watch online Golf live on Sky Sports 4 Matthew Dellavedova Jersey . Rajon Rondo had 18 of Bostons season-high 38 assists and the Celtics committed just seven turnovers in a 118-111 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Wesley Person Jersey . As if the individual strands of grey hair or the increasing amount of joint pain werent reminders enough, the impending end of Jeters career is a slap-in-the-face indicator of a generations fleeting youth.BOSTON -- Edwin Encarnacion had two homers for the second straight game, and the Toronto Blue Jays beat Boston 6-4 on Wednesday night to send the Red Sox to their sixth consecutive loss. Encarnacion has seven homers in his last six games. He is the first Toronto player to have four multi-homer games in a month, and the first major-leaguer to do so since Troy Tulowitzki in September of 2010. Drew Hutchison (3-3) allowed one run in 5 1-3 innings for Toronto, which has won seven of its last nine games. The Blue Jays have won three consecutive series. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth for his fifth save. Xander Bogaerts had three hits, including two doubles, for Boston. Clay Buchholz (2-4) allowed four earned runs in 4 2-3 innings. The Red Sox are in the midst of their longest losing streak since dropping the final eight games of the 2012 season, ending the Bobby Valentine era after one year. The Blue Jays made it 4-0 after three innings thanks to Encarnacion, who hit a solo homer in the second and a two-run shot in the third -- both of them into the seats above the Green Monster. Shane Victorino homered for Boston -- his first since a Grand Slam in Game 6 of the AL championship series against the Detroit Tigers -- to make it 4-1. Dioner Navarros RBI single in the fifth made it 55-1 and chased Buchholz. Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys. He allowed nine hits and two walks, striking out two. The Blue Jays added another run in the seventh on Anthony Goses RBI single. The Red Sox scored three in the eighth to make it a two-run game thanks partly to back-to-back RBI doubles by Mike Carp and Bogaerts. Brock Holt singled to score Bogaerts before Brett Cecil struck out Grady Sizemore and then Steve Delabar, on his first pitch, retired Dustin Pedroia on a groundout. NOTES: A.J. Pierzynski, who was hitless in 11 straight at-bats, raised his hands to the heavens after singling in sixth inning. He had just two hits in his previous 27 at-bats. Pierzynski wound up with three hits in the game, including one off the first-basemans mitt, in the ninth inning. ... Encarnacion has 15 multi-homer games in his career, four this season. He had been 1 for 21 in his career against Buchholz. ... Buchholz had allowed three earned runs or fewer in three of his previous four starts. ... SS Stephen Drew, who re-signed with the Red Sox on Wednesday after spending the first six weeks of the season as an unsigned free agent, was available to play in an emergency. He was added to the roster in the place of LHP Felix Doubront, who injured his shoulder and went on the disabled list. ' ' '