Forums » News and Announcements

mistakes are acknowledged by the

• December 11, 2019 3:34 AM EST

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Yeezy 350 Discount . is enough of a businessman to know his latest fight would be a tough sell, especially after setting records with Canelo Alvarez his last time out. But sell he must, even though oddsmakers and nearly everyone else give Marcos Maidana little chance in their welterweight title fight Saturday night. A full house is already guaranteed at the MGM Grand hotel arena, but Mayweather needs people at home to pay $64.95 for the fight if he is going to recoup his guaranteed $32 million purse. So Mayweather hinted this week that this might be his last fight, though few in boxing believe that. He also said he planned to stand in front of Maidana and trade punches with the hard-hitting Argentine, though his history in the ring suggests he wont. Oh, and he wants to score a knockout, something hes done only once in the last seven years. "I want to look impressive," Mayweather said. "I want to put on a good show. We dont expect this fight to go the distance." Mayweather returns to the ring for the first time since dominating Alvarez in boxings richest bout, taking on Maidana in a fight that even Mayweather seems to have trouble expressing much enthusiasm about. Hes a bigger, much more skilled fighter than the Argentine, just part of the reason oddsmakers make him a 11-1 pick to remain undefeated in the 46th fight of a pro career that has made him the richest fighter ever. Still, Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) says he has to be wary of the power Maidana brings into the ring. "Hes got an 80 per cent knockout ratio so I cant go to sleep on this guy," he said. "But guys cant go to the mental level Im at. I can beat them many ways." The fight is part of a pay-per-view card that features former champion Amir Khan moving up to welterweight to fight another former champion in Luis Collazo. Khan had campaigned to be Mayweathers opponent and won an online poll set up by Mayweather, who ended up picking Maidana instead. If Khan is impressive, though, and Mayweather wins as expected, the two could meet later this year. "I would have loved to fight Floyd Mayweather, but I believe its really for the best," Khan said. "It gives me a chance to get to 147 and feel my way." Maidana (35-3, 31 knockouts) earned the fight with a strong showing in his last bout, twice knocking down Adrien Broner on his way to a decision win in December. Though Maidana hits hard, he will be up against a fighter who is such a defensive wizard that he rarely gets hit with more than one punch in any exchange. "Its very difficult to land a punch against Mayweather," Maidana said. "But when I land a punch Im going to hit him and not let him go. I will go after him." Mayweather, who weighed in Friday at 146 pounds to 146 1/2 for Maidana, said he welcomes the challenge after easily beating Alvarez last September in a fight that was supposed to be his toughest test. "If he brings his best maybe he will be the first guy that actually makes me dig in my bag of tricks and pull out my A game," Mayweather said. "Hopefully he will make me bring out my A game because my whole career all I had to use was a D and C game to beat every guy." If the Alvarez fight showed anything other than Mayweathers talent for making money -- and tons of it -- it was that a conventional fighter stands little chance against him. Hes been dodging punches since before he could walk, and hes a wizard at exploiting whatever weakness he finds in the fighter in front of him. "I can feel when a guys gonna punch. I can feel it," Mayweather said. "I dont even have to see it; I can feel it. You know, this is just with experience and being around the sport so long." Maidana says he can become the first to beat Mayweather because he will be the first to treat him just like any other fighter in the ring. "Other fighters they show respect, they show fear," he said. "Thats one thing I wont show against Mayweather." Yeezy 350 Clearance .com) - John Wall had 15 points, 12 assists and four steals as the Washington Wizards defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 92-85 on Monday night. Yeezy 350 Fake . "Back in 2011, when they announced that the game was coming here, we knew that it was going to be pretty important that we had a good year and hopefully could get into it, let alone win it, so I felt some pressure obviously within for sure," Taman said Monday, less than 24 hours after the Riders won the championship. TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona coach Bruce Arians says there "were obviously very, very many problems" with the officiating in the Cardinals 24-21 loss at Philadelphia. Of particular concern were three plays near the end of the game. One was a holding call on safety Tyrann Mathieu that negated Patrick Petersons interception. Another was a holding call on linebacker Matt Shaughnessy on the Eagles final possession. A third was a no-call when the Cardinals felt there was pass interference on a fourth-down incompletion to Michael Floyd the last time Arizona had the ball. Asked if he felt the calls will cost the Cardinals a playoff spot, Arians said, "It possibly could, but I think a lot of things have to happen here in the last four weeks. I would hope that we give up all that talk this week and just focus on the St. Louis Rams." The Cardinals (7-5) are home against the Rams next Sunday. Arians said he sent "about 15 plays" to the NFL for review by Dean Blandino, the NFLs vice-president of officiating. "The proper channels have been followed," the Arizona coach said, "and obviously there were very, very many problems" with the officiating. Arians said Blandino "does a great job. Hes very honest with it. Ive already gotten most of the answers. I got them before I left the locker room yesterday." Arians declined to share what he was told, but asked if he gets any satisfaction from those answers, he said, "No, I just get madder." The Cardinals had rallied from a 24-7 deficit to cut the Philadelphia lead to 24-21 when Peterson intercepted Nick Foles pass at the Eagles 43 with four minutes to play. But Mathieu was called for holding on the play. It would have been the first interception Foles has thrown this season. Arians said "theres no doubt in my mind" that the Cardinals would have scored had Petersons interception stood. "We (had) just put a good drive together," Arians said, "and only needed 10 yards for a field goal to tie it." The Cardinals did get the ball back at their 10-yard line with 2:03 to play. But on third-and-five from the 15, Carson Palmer missed an open Andre Roberts, then on fourth down, Palmers pass to Floyd was incomplete. The Eagles took over on downs and, on third-and-four from the 9, Shaughnessy tackkled Foles for a loss but was called for holding, giving Philadelphia a first down and the ability to run out the clock. Yeezy 350 For Sale. "He (the Philadelphia player) was blocking Matt on a bootleg play," Arians said. "Matt threw him to the ground and sacked the quarterback. ... It happens every time a guy tries to block you and you sack the quarterback. It was one of those problems (with the officiating)." Thats the way Shaughnessy saw it, too. "He was blocking down on me, and I was fighting the pressure, pushing him outside and he tried to release," Shaughnessy said. "I threw him down and then I went after the quarterback. I thought it was a sack." Linebacker Daryl Washington drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for complaining vehemently about the call. Mathieu avoided any complaints about the call against him when he spoke to reporters on Monday. After the game Sunday, the Arizona rookie said he thought "it was a good play. I was just trying to be a good defensive back and was trying to get a good jam on him." Even if mistakes are acknowledged by the crew headed by referee Tony Corrente, nothing can be done about it now. "As long as everybody owns up to it, you move on," Arians said. "Its part of the game. Were here working our tails off this week. Those guys (the officials) are back at their other jobs." Officiating aside, Arians said the Cardinals, who fell a game behind San Francisco for the final NFC wild card spot, made too many mistakes early against the Eagles and regressed after a four-game winning streak. He said the team cant afford to dwell on what happened in Philadelphia. Going into the game against St. Louis, Arizona has lost eight straight against NFC West foes, including three this year. "If were ever going to do anything, we better start winning our division," Arians said. "Thats our only focus this week. I dont want to hear about anything else in our locker room except winning a division game." Notes: RB Andre Ellington, who missed Sundays game with a knee injury, wont practice Wednesday, Arians said. "Im hoping to have him out there Thursday and Friday, but were not going to rush him," the coach said. "Hes too young and too valuable to cause a long-term problem." ' ' '