Forums » Suggestions

-2 in the first two games of the

• December 10, 2019 3:19 AM EST

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have already won more games than they did in last years dreadful 2-14 season. Sidney Moncrief Jersey .While theyre happy with their 3-1 start, theyre still looking to do much more, especially with a matchup with in-state rival Dallas coming up Sunday.We have a lot of things that we want to make sure that we continue to improve upon, defensive end J.J. Watt said. We have some other things that we want to really get going. There is always things, even that you do well, that you want to make sure you continue to do better.Watt was chosen AFC defensive player of the week on Wednesday. Watt led the way in Houstons 23-17 win over Buffalo on Sunday with an 80-yard interception return for a touchdown, five tackles and a career-high nine hits on quarterback E.J. Manuel. His interception return was the longest by a defensive lineman in more than 15 years.Watt, who started his college career as a tight end before moving to defence, has two touchdowns this year after also grabbing a TD pass in Week 2.But, as usual, the overachiever isnt satisfied.Every single day is a new challenge, he said. Its a lot of fun. Thats what makes it so fun. Every day you come in and you find something new to work on.Watts big game helped make up for a tough day by the offence. Ryan Fitzpatrick threw two interceptions and the team managed a season-low 37 yards rushing.We have yet to play even close to our best football, especially as an offence, left tackle Duane Brown said. We feel like our defence has really played its tail off and we have to match that, and I think once were firing on all cylinders well be a great team and well be hard to stop.Even though the Texans are looking to up their game, theyre also encouraged theyve been able to get out to such a good start despite struggling in several areas.Without a doubt, but you cant hang your hat on that, cornerback Johnathan Joseph said. Because if you dont fix those problems, somewhere down the line it will come back to haunt you and cost you a game.Fitzpatrick, in his first year in Houston, has struggled the past two weeks after a solid start this season. His five interceptions have all come in the last two games and are tied for most in the league. Coach Bill OBrien has talked often about putting Fitzpatrick in better positions to be successful, but the quarterback wont place blame for his trouble on anyone but himself.Ive got to get a lot better, he said. Every week its almost like a broken record, but the consistency, its just got to get better ... if I look at the first four games and how theyve gone, were 3-1 and thats not too bad, but my level of play has got to pick up.This week hell face a Dallas defence that is allowing more than 271 yards passing a game, seventh most in the league. But the group picked off Drew Brees once in a 38-17 win over Saints last week, and the Cowboys also recovered two fumbles in the victory.Theyve created a bunch of turnovers, Fitzpatrick said. Theyve been an opportunistic defence this year. You really see them flying around and playing fast (and) that jumps out at you when you watch the tape.___AP NFL websites: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL  href="https://www.cheapbucksonline.com/1086t-robin-lopez-jersey-bucks.html" target="_blank">Robin Lopez Jersey . Perhaps their first trip to the city of Winnipeg in 16 years can serve as the shakeup they need. D. J. Wilson Jersey . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. HOUSTON -- Tyler Skaggss Angels debut could not have gone much better. The left-hander threw eight strong innings and Josh Hamilton hit a two-run home run as the Los Angeles Angels beat the Houston Astros 5-1 on Saturday night. Skaggs (1-0) allowed one run - none earned - on four hits with five strikeouts. Skaggs was acquired in the off-season from Arizona in a trade that sent outfielder Mark Trumbo to the Diamondbacks. "I was excited for my first game with the Angels," Skaggs said. "I have pitched in the big leagues before. I took that mindset that I have been here before. The team needs to get in the win column again. A lot of different things to stay relaxed out there." Skaggs became one of just 13 pitchers in Angels history to go at least eight innings while allowing no earned runs in first start for the team and the first since Shawn Broskie on May 1, 1995, at Toronto. Skaggs, who posted a 2-3 record with 5.12 ERA with the Diamondbacks last year, said he threw a two-seam fastball Saturday night - a pitch he had not thrown in spring training. "The thing is that I havent thrown the two-seamer at all, and today, I broke it out," Skaggs said. "I threw it 90 per cent of the time. Thats why you saw all those 90-91 instead of 93-94. They kept swinging at it, so why not continue to throw it and get outs early in the count?" Skaggs said the changeup and curveball were also good and everything was clicking. Angels manager Mike Scioscia said all of Skaggs pitches were working but it started with his ability to command the fastball. "He had a great two-seamer going and once he was able to get that into spots everything else opened up for him." Scioscia said. "He threw some terrific change-ups, some really good curveballs. Theyve got some right-handed hitters that are really strong hitters and youve got to make some pitches to them. He did and got through it well." Hamilton followed David Freeses run-scoring single with his second homer in as many days, extending the lead to 4-1 in the fifth off Dallas Keuchel. Hamilton had three hits and is noow hitting . Kyle Korver Jersey. 352 against the Astros with 16 home runs and 41 RBI. "I dont think its necessarily the team," Hamilton said. "I love playing at this park. Before it was a rivalry thing - Texas and Houston. Maybe that helped a little bit. I cant pinpoint one thing." Keuchel (0-1) allowed four runs on eight hits with five strikeouts over five innings. "If youre not on your A-game every pitch, thats what happens," Keuchel said. "I think that kind of took the wind out of our sails in the fifth." Kole Calhoun extended the lead to 5-1 on a run-scoring single in the eighth off Chad Qualls. Houston, which dropped its third straight, opened a 1-0 lead as Jose Altuve scored on an error by third baseman John McDonald in the first, but that lead quickly vanished as Howie Kendrick knotted the score at one with a run-scoring double in the second. Houston manager Bo Porter said the Astros need to get things going offensively after being outscored 16-2 in the first two games of the series. "He really had his breaking ball going, but at the same time, I think we helped him a little bit by expanding our strike zone," Porter said of Skaggs. "He took advantage of it. Offensively, definitely need to get things going and score some runs." Notes: Houston outfielder Dexter Fowler missed his second straight game Saturday after spending Friday night at Methodist Hospital due to a stomach virus. He was released from the hospital Saturday night and could play Sunday, Porter said postgame. . Astros catcher Jason Castro was out of the lineup for the second consecutive game Saturday with a bruised right foot. . Lance Berkman and Roy Oswalt signed one-day contracts before the game and officially retired as Astros. . The Astros outrighted right-handed pitcher Chia-Jen Lo off the 40-man roster. He cleared waivers Saturday and will remain with Triple A Oklahoma City. . Houston will send right-handed pitcher Scott Feldman (0-1) to the mound Sunday as the Angels will counter with right-hander Jered Weaver (0-1). ' ' '