Forums » Suggestions

Saints considering adding Jon Gruden to staff to reunite with De

• 358 posts
    March 14, 2024 5:28 AM EDT

It appears the will , but other changes to the staff are expected. According to a new report, a well-known Super Bowl-winning head coach could join New Orleans this offseason., the Saints are considering adding Jon Gruden if he does not find a head coaching job this offseason. Gruden reportedly spent time with Saints officials when the team visited Tampa Bay in Week 17 for their matchup with the . He Jalen Mayfield Jersey even reportedly attended a team meeting and dined Grady Jarrett Jersey with Saints staff members, including general manager Mickey Loomis.Jeff Duncan points out that Gruden would likely fit in on the offensive staff, but not replace offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael. Allen told reporters Monday that he and the Saints will "look at everything" when it comes to potential changes with the offensive staff.Gruden for the Saints this past season, as he was familiar with former quarterback , who was making the transition to New Orleans. Carr went 9-8 KhaDarel Hodge Jersey as the starter this season, throwing for 3,878 yards, 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He wrapped up the 2023 campaign with an NFL-high 14 pa sing touchdowns over the past five games. Prior to his advisory role wih the Saints, Gruden served as the head coach of the Raiders for a little over three years beforein October 2021 after leaked emailshe used racist, sexist and homophobic language. During an appearance at Arkansas' Little Rock Touchdown Club , Gruden said he is "ashamed" of the language he used in the emails, but that he would like to return to the sidelines."I'm not gonna say anything Russell Gage Jersey but honest things here," Gruden said when asked to addre s his resignation. "I'm ashamed about what has come about in these emails, and I'll make no excuses for it. It's shameful. But I am a good person, I believe that. I go to church. I've been married for 31 years. I got three great boys. I still love football. I made some mistakes, but I don't think anybody else in Adetokunbo Ogundeji Jersey here hasn't. And I just ask for forgivene s, and hopefully I get another shot." Gruden won XXXVII with the Buccaneers back in 2003, and is 117-112 as a head coach.