Forums » News and Announcements

Hit MMO Final Fantasy XIV Is Finally Coming To Xbox

• 346 posts
    September 6, 2023 3:53 AM EDT

Hit MMO Final Fantasy XIV Is Finally Coming To Xbox

At lengthy last, Xbox proprietors will soon get to enjoy the MMORPG PlayStation players have enjoyed for almost a decade. Final Fantasy XIV is headed to Xbox Series X/S in spring 2024 after being a PlayStation console exclusive on account that 2014.

Producer and director Naoki Yoshida made the declaration on level at the sport’s 2023 fanfest in Las Vegas, NV along Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer. The Xbox Series X/S version will offer 4K graphics and quicker load times, like its PlayStation five counterpart. While the overall release continues to be almost a year away, an open beta could be to be had for players to FF14 Gil strive a great deal quicker while patch 6.5x arrives in the months in advance.

For the ones who have been living below an adamantoise shell, Final Fantasy XIV has you complete fetch quests, dungeons, and raids across the amazing global of Hydaelyn, complete of political intrigue and mythical wonder. The sport become one of the first live-service screw ups while it first launched in 2013, and changed into even completely shutdown for a time earlier than re-releasing as A Realm Reborn.

It’s recieved increasingly more superb expansions ever considering that, each introducing new characters, instructions, and conflicts. And whilst it’s an MMO, a Duty Support device helps you to play solo with AI-managed NPCs. By the time Final Fantasy XIV involves Xbox Series X/S, Square Enix says the function will permit gamers to finish the entirety from the begin of the game up thru its maximum current Endwalker growth without ever desiring to have interaction with any other man or women.

Why did it take goodbye to get FFXIV on Xbox?

The story of ways we got here, however, is an extended one. Yoshida became requested as early as 2013 why the sport wasn’t on Xbox One. His answer on the time changed into Buy FF14 Gil  that Microsoft’s stance on crossplay turned into too restrictive. “The major reason from our side is that I don’t need the community to be divided; to be split into two or extra. For example, one participant is probably on the PC version, every other is probably at the PS4 version, and I’m gambling the Xbox version - but we’re not capable of join the same game servers,” he told RPGSite on the time. “That is simply... I simply don’t just like the concept. I disagree with it.”