Forums » Suggestions

Conference Wild Card playoff spot

• December 4, 2019 10:18 PM EST

Troy Tulowitzki just hopes no one will hold any grudges when he picks the National League participants for the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game. Stitched 76ers Jerseys . The Colorado Rockies shortstop will serve as captain of the NL side and select the four other members for the derby. Jose Bautista of the Toronto Blue Jays is in charge of the American League. "To be the captain, I dont know if thats something Im looking forward to because of how tough the decisions are going to be," Tulowitzki said Monday before the Rockies played the St. Louis Cardinals. "You cant put everybody that wants to participate on your team. So with that, you open yourself up. "But, at the same time, Im honoured to be the National League captain." The event will be held July 14 at Target Field, the night before the showcase game in Minneapolis. Bautista is a two-time major league home run champion. Tulowitzki has hit at least 25 homers in three of the past four seasons. Although the honour was just recently bestowed on Tulowitzki, hes already mulling over his options. Giancarlo Stanton of Miami is high on his list, especially since he leads the league in homers with 20. Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers is also a consideration. Tulowitzki may even select teammate Justin Morneau, especially since the first baseman came up in the Twins organization and it would be a homecoming. "That would be neat for him," said Tulowitzki, who has 18 homers this season. "Obviously, hes a guy I have a relationship with." Given Tulowitzkis relationship with St. Louis outfielder Matt Holliday, he could be a pick, too. Tulowitzki spent some time catching up with his former teammate before Mondays game. Did Holliday lobby to be included? "I dont think so," Tulowitzki said, smiling. "Holliday is just a good friend of mine, someone that I have a great deal of respect for. "If he wanted to participate, hed definitely be someone on the list, but he wasnt (lobbying)." Tulowitzki is hoping players around the NL reach out to him. Rockies pitcher Brett Anderson, whos currently on the disabled list, wrote on his Twitter account: "Fingers crossed Tulo picks me for the home run derby!" Hes listening -- and doesnt want to hear excuses about how the derby may mess up a batters stroke. "You take a look during (batting practice), sometimes Ill go out there and try to hit a home run on every single pitch," Tulowitzki explained. "Its no different from being in the Home Run Derby. "Those are my thoughts. I dont really want to entertain that thought, either. You get back on track. And if youre not doing good, you put some (work in the cage). Its not because of a Home Run Derby." Philadelphia 76ers Shirts . -- Ryan Gropp scored in overtime as the Seattle Thunderbirds shut out the Spokane Chiefs 1-0 in Western Hockey League play Tuesday. Wholesale 76ers Jerseys . -- John Fox will coach the Denver Broncos from the sideline and not the booth upon his return Sunday five weeks after heart surgery.The Winnipeg Jets are in Chicago tonight for their fourth and final regular season game against the Blackhawks. Chicago is 3-0 against Winnipeg this season, outscoring the Jets 15-5 in those games. Jonathan Toews leads the Blackhawks with two goals and three assists. Tonights game is a 6pm ct faceoff on TSN 1290 Radio and regionally on TSN Jets TV. Neither team had a pre-game skate on Sunday morning at the United Center so the line-ups will not be known until warm-up. The (24-24-5) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 53 points. They trail Vancouver by eight points for a Western Conference Wild Card playoff spot. The Canucks have played one less game than the Jets. Winnipeg is coming off a 5-4 overtime win last night at home against Toronto. So far this season, the Jets record is 0-5-1 when playing the second game of back-to-backs on the schedule.  Over the passt six games, Ondrej Pavelecs record is 5-1 with a 1. Custom Philadelphia 76ers Jerseys. 98 goals against average and .927 save percentage. Bryan Little has 11 points (three goals and eight assists) in his last nine games. The (32-9-12) Blackhawks are first in the Central Division with 76 points. They have a one-point lead on second-place St. Louis, however the Blues have two games in hand. Chicagos last two games were a 5-4 shootout loss in Detroit and a 2-1 loss in Minnesota. Their longest winless streak of the season is three games. Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane are on three-game point streaks (one goal and two assists). Sharp leads the Blackhawks with 26 goals while Kane is their assists (35) and points (59) leader. Chicagos power play is ranked third in the NHL at 22 per cent efficiency. The Jets next game is Tuesday at home against Nashville. ' ' '