Forums » News and Announcements

Arm board gains ex-Qualcomm and Intel executives ahead of IPO

• 1408 posts
    April 1, 2023 5:37 AM EDT

Arm board gains ex-Qualcomm and Intel executives ahead of IPO

Dr Paul E. Jacobs brings his experience as the former CEO and executive chairman of semiconductor Qualcomm. Currently, he is the chairman and CEO of XCOM Labs, a company he founded in 2018. He also sits on the board of file sharing company Dropbox.Get more news about Qualcomm Board Suppliers,you can vist our website!

Speaking on the role Jacobs, said: “I have worked with Arm from the early days of smartphones and the wireless internet. As computing becomes ever more pervasive, this creates new opportunities to build upon Arm’s market-leading position.”

Rosemary Schooler brings more than 30 years of experience from Intel, where her most recent role was corporate vice president and general manager of data centre and AI sales.

Arm’s investors were recently told that it was “unlikely” to IPO within the first quarter of next year as a result of “global economic uncertainty”.

Schooler said: “Arm is poised to be a leader in the semiconductor and computing industries. Working with customers to solve their most complex technology challenges has been the focus of my career.”

Arm owner SoftBank has yet to confirm if the IPO will be in New York or London. SoftBank, which brought the firm in 2016, has remained tight-lipped on the IPO location but has axed 40% of Arm’s UK jobs. Masayoshi Son has stepped down as SoftBank chairman to dedicate time to the “explosive growth” at Arm.

Rene Haas, CEO of Arm, said: “I look forward to working with both Paul and Rosemary as we strengthen our leadership position in the semiconductor ecosystem and prepare for the public markets.”