Forums » Suggestions

SS Xander Bogaerts Says Red Sox Told Him

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 7:27 AM EST

Xander Bogaerts is not going anywhere.The shortstop will remain in Boston, according to Bogaerts himself. The 29-year-old revealed on Thursday that he had a conversation with Red Soxchief baseball officerChaim Bloom and CEO Sam Kennedy, in which they personally told him he wouldn't be traded before the Aug. 2 deadline. Bogaerts wasn' Dikembe Mutombo Jersey t sure if he was supposed to disclose that information, but the talk brought a sense of relief Carmelo Anthony Jersey to the four-time Silver Slugger.Yeah. I dont know if I should say that, but I hope I dont get in trouble,"Bogaerts said, per . "But yeah, much better like that. Communication is always huge in everything in life. To get that type of feedback is beneficial, I would say. Bogaerts added that he has been playing better since that conversation.On Wednesday, Bloom said much of the same aboutBogaerts and third baseman Rafael Devers. "We're not planning to discu s them with anybody," Bloom said, per , when asked about the po sibility of trading the two All-Stars. While Bloom repeated those intentions, he also said, Malik Beasley Jersey "We're not doing our jobs if we're not considering all po sibilities."Speculation overBogaerts and Gary Harris Jersey Devers' futures comes with the Red Sox in the basement of the American League East. Boston is 50-50 (.500) and trailing the fourth-place Orioles by half a game. The Sox are 17 games behind the first-place Yankees, with the Blue Jays and Rays in second Jamal Murray Jersey and third place, respectively. Bogaerts, who has a full no-trade clause, is likely to opt-out of the remaining three years on his contract this offseason. He could then receive the qualifying offer.Bogaertswould reject that, but Boston would receive acompensatory draft pick if he signs elsewhere.The 25-year-old Devers, meanwhile, is slated to become a free agent after next season.