Forums » Suggestions

Rangers at Mariners Pre-Game Notes Amid

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 6:42 AM EST

The Texas Rangers will try to snap a four-game skid as they take on the Seattle Mariners on Sunday afternoon. Here's everything to get you ready for first pitch.Texas Rangers (13-25) @ Seattle Mariners (17-22)Sunday, September 6, 20203:10 p.m. CTT-Mobile Park | Seattle, WARoof ClosedProbablesTEX: RHP Jordan Lyles (1-3, 8.59 ERA)vsSEA: RHP Justin Dunn (2-1, 4.33 ERA)BroadcastTexas RangersTV: FOX Sports SouthwestRadio: 105.3 The Fan, KFLCSeattle MarinersTV: Root Sports NorthwestRadio: 710Texas Rangers Starting LineupCF Leody Taveras3B Isiah Kiner-FalefaLF Shin-Soo Choo2B Nick SolakRF Joey GalloC Jose Trevino1B Ronald GuzmnDH Derek Cortez Kennedy Jersey DietrichSS Anderson TejedaSeattle Mariners Starting LineupSS J.P. Crawford3B Ty FranceCF Kyle LewisDH Kyle Seager1B Evan WhiteLF Jos MarmolejosRF Phillip Ervin2B Shed Long Jr.C Joseph OdomInjury Report10-Day ILJoe Palumbo (ulcerative colitis flare-up): eligible August 14Willie Calhoun (strained left hamstring): eligible August 30Danny Santana (right elbow sprain): eligible September 6Rougned Odor (right eye infection): eligible September 7Joely Rodrguez (left hamstring strain): eligible September 1645-Day ILBrock Burke Jason Myers Jersey (left shoulder surgery): eligible May 27Corey Kluber (torn right teres major muscle (shoulder)): eligible September 11Jos Leclerc (torn right teres major muscle (shoulder)): eligible September 13Edinson Vlquez (right oblique strain): eligible September 27Scroll to ContinueRangers Roster Moves (9/6/20)LHP Joely Rodrguez placed on 10-day IL (left hamstring strain)RHP Je se Chavez activated from 10-day IL (left toe sprain)Amid Youth Movement, Shin-Soo Choo Earning Place in LineupThe Rangers are letting the young guys play. Manager Chris Woodward doubled down on that on Saturday when he announced that for the final three weeks of the season.However, one veteran has consistently been in the lineup over the past several games. Despite the youth of the team getting the Jarran Reed Jersey lion's share of the playing time, Shin-Soo Choo has not only remained in the lineup, but has batted in key spots in the batting order. Sunday will be the second time in four games the 38-year-old outfielder will bat third in the Rangers' lineup."I love what Choo is doing, honestly," Rangers manager Chris Woodward said. "I love Choo's at-bats right now. I know before yesterday he hadn't had a ton of results, but his at-bat quality was really good. Even against a lefty, I had to choose one out of our three lefties yesterday and I chose him because of his at-bat quality."Woodward did mention that once Willie Calhoun returns, Choo's playing time could decrease. Calhoun is among the young group of players the Rangers want to get as much work out of as po sible. His presence could create David Moore Jersey a bit of a log jam where Woodward has to balance the future and players earning their playing time."I think when Willie gets back that might change," Woodward said. "The one thing I want to make clear to these guys is you're going to earn your playing time if you're playing well."Not much has to be said about the kind of player or human being Choo is. He is the Texas Rangers' nominee for the 2020 Roberto Clemente Award,which is annually awarded to the player who best represents the game through extraordinary character, community involvement, philanthropy and positive contributions, both on and off the field.Sunday afternoon's bout with the Mariners is not the end of the series. The Rangers will remain in Seattle to finish this unconventional four-game series on Monday afternoon before they come home for a NFL Seattle Seahawks Jersey seven-game, six-day homestand.Welcome to 2020.