Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

), Jerome Simpson (at Bears), Ro

• November 28, 2019 2:23 AM EST

Concord, NC (SportsNetwork. Chaussure Chine Pas Cher .com) - Jeff Gordon isnt retiring from racing after the 2015 season, but the 43-year-old driver is making this his last year competing for a championship in the Sprint Cup Series. Gordon, a four-time champion in NASCARs premier series, announced to his Hendrick Motorsports team and then revealed on Twitter on Thursday that this will be his final year competing for a title. He has driven the No. 24 Chevrolet for team owner Rick Hendrick in the series since November 1992. His Cup championships occurred in 1995, 97, 98 and 2001. As a race car driver, much of what Ive done throughout my life has been based on following my instincts and trying to make good decisions, Gordon said in a team statement. I thought long and hard about my future this past year and during the offseason, and Ive decided 2015 will be the last time I compete for a championship. I wont use the R-word because I plan to stay extremely busy in the years ahead, and theres always the possibility Ill compete in selected events, although I currently have no plans to do that. Since his Cup debut in the 92 season-ending race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Gordon has made 761 consecutive and career starts. His 92 career victories places him third on the series all-time race winners list, behind only Richard Petty (200) and David Pearson (105). Among those race wins include three in the Daytona 500 and a record five in the Brickyard 400. Gordon also holds the record for most victories on road courses with nine. Gordon had one of his best seasons since his most recent championship in 01. He won four races, including the Brickyard 400, and had a series-high 23 top-10 finishes. Gordon came up one point short of advancing into the final four for the Nov. 16 championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. He finished sixth in the point standings. Theres simply no way to quantify Jeffs impact, said Hendrick, who first noticed Gordon during a race at Atlanta in March 92. Hes one of the biggest sports stars of a generation, and his contributions to the success and growth of NASCAR are unsurpassed. Theres been no better ambassador for stock car racing and no greater representation of what a champion should be. I will never be able to properly express the respect and admiration I have for Jeff and how meaningful our relationship is to me. Im so grateful for everything hes done for our company and my family, and I look forward to many more years together as friends and business partners. HMS said in a news release that it will announce plans for its 2016 team alignment at a later date. Jimmie Johnson, the six-time Sprint Cup champion, Dale Earnhardt Jr., NASCARs most-popular driver, and Kasey Kahne also drive for the organization. Gordon has been dealing with back problems in previous years. Last May, he suffered from back spasms during the weekend of the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He completed that race, finishing seventh, but Xfinity Series regular Regan Smith was on standby. Gordon is 27 races away from tying Ricky Rudds record of 788 consecutive starts in the series. I dont foresee a day when Ill ever step away from racing, Gordon said. Im a fan of all forms of motorsports, but particularly NASCAR. We have a tremendous product, and Im passionate about the business and its future success. As an equity owner in Hendrick Motorsports, Im a partner with Rick (Hendrick) and will remain heavily involved with the company for many years to come. It means so much to have the chance to continue working with the owner who took a chance on me and the incredible team that?s stood behind me every step of the way. In learning of Gordons announcement, NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France released a statement, saying, Jeff Gordon transcends NASCAR and will be celebrated as one of the greatest drivers to ever race. We have all enjoyed watching his legend grow for more than two decades, and will continue to do so during his final full-time season. His prolonged excellence and unmatched class continue to earn him the admiration of fans across the globe. Todays announcement is a bittersweet one. Ill miss his competitive fire on a weekly basis, but I am also happy for Jeff and his family as they start a new chapter. On behalf of the entire NASCAR family, I thank Jeff for his years of dedication and genuine love for this sport, and wish him the very best in his final season. The 2015 Sprint Cup season begins with the Feb. 22 Daytona 500. Chaussure Pas Cher Site Chinois . Dont miss a single shot, live on TSN beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Winners of their last eight games, the Heat return to Toronto for the second time in the month of November. After beginning the season 4-3, allowing 100.9 points on 47 per cent shooting, Miamis resurgent defence has vaulted them back to the top of a weak Eastern Conference. Chaussure Pas Cher Chinois . Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Buddy Robinson scored 43 seconds apart in the second period to lead the Binghamton Senators to a 4-1 victory over the Bulldogs in American Hockey League action Friday night at the Bell Centre.Each week, we will run down the top waiver wire pickups with a focus on the coming week and rest of the season. QUARTERBACKS Terrelle Pryor (vs Jaguars) Week - 19/29, 217 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 112 rush yardsRemember this is fantasy football, not the real kind. Pryor is not going to pass for big yards or throw a ton of touchdowns, but you can bet that he will run the ball. Hes not going to get 112 rush yards every week but you can probably count on five or six points from his running. That means that even mediocre passing days like he had on Sunday can yield solid results. He is well worth the gamble as a high-end backup. Carson Palmer (vs Lions) Last Week - 26/40, 327 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INTPalmer looks to have developed solid chemistry with his top receivers in Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts all three of whom put up good numbers. Arizona is going to throw the ball a lot this season so in spite of some tough matchups in the NFC West, Palmer will post solid QB2 numbers based on sheer volume. Others to consider - Jay Cutler (vs Vikings), Josh Freeman (vs Saints) RUNNING BACKS Joique Bell (at Cardinals) Last Week - 11 touches, 92 yards, 2 TDsBell finished with 15 fewer carries than Reggie Bush in Week 1 but he got both goal-line carries and made them count. Bells role in the passing game was impressive and if he continues to get the goal-line work he is a decent fantasy option. Fred Jackson (vs. Panthers)Last Week - 17 touches, 72 yardsJackson was, surprisingly, the most productive Bills running back in Week 1 picking up 67 yards on 13 carries compared to 41 yards for CJ Spiller on 17 carries. Its still Spillers backfield, but Jacksons experience will continue to earn him touches.DaRel Scott (vs Broncos) Last Week – 10 touches, 74 yardsScott took over for starter David Wilson against Dallas after Wilson lost two fumbles carrying five times for 23 yards and grabbing five passes for an additional 51 yards. Tom Coughlin is getting fed up with Wilsons mistakes so look for Scott to see an increased workload until Wilson can work his way back into the coachs good books.Others to consider – Bilal Powell (at Patriots), Jonathan Dwyer (at Bengals)WIDE RECEIVERS Brian Hartline (at Colts)Last Week - 9 catches, 114 yards, 1 TDDespite picking up over 1,000 yards last season Hartline was passed over in a lot of leagues. However, with Ryan Tannehilll and Mike Wallace still lacking chemistry, Hartline remains the Dolphins go-to receiver. Grossiste Nike Air Max. As the season goes on he will likely cede some looks to Wallace, but for now he is a fairly dependable WR3. Julian Edelman (vs Jets)Last Week - 7 catches, 79 yards, 2 TDsEdelman saw nine targets on Sunday and caught both of Tom Bradys touchdown passes in the win over the Bills. Obviously he wont score two touchdowns every week, but Edelman should continue to see a lot of targets, especially while Shane Vereen is sidelined. Edelman is a valid flex or WR3 play this week with higher upside in PPR leagues. Rueben Randle (vs Broncos)Last Week - 5 catches, 101 yardsWith their running game struggling, the Giants will be throwing the ball a lot. Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz will still get the majority of the looks but there should still be plenty left over for Randle who caught five balls for 101 yards in Week 1. Andre Roberts (vs Lions)Last Week – 8 catches, 97 yardsRoberts made a couple of very nice catches in Week 1 and was second on the team in targets behind Larry Fitzgerald. He wont get into the endzone often, but in the Cardinals pass-heavy offence Roberts will catch plenty of passes and give you decent yardage.Others to consider – Marlon Brown (vs. Browns), Jerome Simpson (at Bears), Rod Streater (vs. Jaguars)TIGHT ENDSJordan Cameron (at Ravens)Last Week - 9 catches, 108 yards, 1 TDThe Browns offence as a whole didnt look very good in Week 1 but Cameron sure did with some very athletic receptions en route to a 108-yard day with a score. Tight ends play a big role in Norv Turner offences so Camerom should produce big numbers all season long. This week, he goes up against a Ravens team that allowed 110 yards and two touchdowns to Julius Thomas in Week 1. Hes owned in a lot of leagues now, but if hes around, grab him.Julius Thomas (at Giants)Last Week - 5 catches, 110 yards, 2TDsThomas exploded in Week 1 and will be one of the hottest pickups this week with good reason. Its only one week, but Thomas has top-10 tight end upside. He is an athletic specimen and now that he is finally healthy will be a big redzone target for Peyton Manning. Manning loves to throw to his tight ends and has said that he expects Thomas to maintain a big role going forward.Others to consider – Kellen Winslow (at Patriots), Tyler Eifert (vs. Steelers) ' ' '