Forums » Suggestions

d the community here should be happy wit

• November 27, 2019 2:53 AM EST

LONDON, Ont. Bill Russell Jersey . -- Second-ranked Western kept its undefeated season in tact by using its dominant ground game to run past No. 3 Queens 50-31 in Canadian Interuniversity Sport action on Saturday. Quarterback Wil Finch and running backs Yannick Harou and Adam Sinclair all rushed in touchdowns for Western (6-0). Finch also passed for two TDs, with Sinclair catching one of the scores. Finch was impressive on the ground, running for 114 yards while also racking up 254 passing yards on the day. Harous 153 rushing yards was the most among Mustangs running backs. Ryan Granberg broke a career rushing record for the Gaels (4-1), hitting and surpassing the 3,000-yard plateau by rushing for 117 yards. Granberg passed Mike Giffins record of 3,035 yards in his Queens career. Gaels quarterback Billy McPhee was 22-for-36 with 336 yards, one touchdown and one interception. Daniel Heslop led all Queens receivers with 87 yards. Also in CIS football action: McGill 53 Concordia 52 (OT); Laval 46 Bishops 38; Guelph 41 Waterloo 19; Ottawa 46 York 16; Windsor 26 Laurier 25 (OT); Manitoba 34 Regina 15; Saskatchewan 17 UBC 12; Calgary 76 Alberta 21; and Acadia 40 Mount Allison 9. -- McGill 53 Concordia 52 (OT) At Montreal, Luis Guimont-Mota ran in a touchdown from one yard out and Samy Rassy kicked the conversion as the Redmen (3-2) slipped past the Stingers (0-5) in overtime. -- No. 1 Laval 46 No. 8 Bishops 38 At Lennoxville, Que., quarterback Alex Skinner completed 19 of 24 passes for 281 yards and two touchdowns as the top-ranked Rouge et Or (5-0) dispatched the Gaiters (3-2). -- No. 6 Guelph 41 Waterloo 19 At Waterloo, Ont., quarterback Jazz Lindsey threw 249 yards and four touchdowns as the Gryphons (5-0) bested the Warriors (1-4). -- Ottawa 46 York 16 At Toronto, QB Derek Wendel passed for 297 yards and four TDs as the Gee-Gees (3-3) thumped the Lions (2-3). --- Windsor 26 Laurier 25 (OT) At Waterloo, Ont., kicker Dan Cerino scored a rouge in overtime as the Lancers (4-2) edged the Golden Hawks (1-5). --- No. 10 Manitoba 34 Regina 15 At Winnipeg, quarterback Jordan Yantz passed for 134 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Bisons (3-2) past the Rams (1-4). --- No. 7 Saskatchewan 17 UBC 15 At Vancouver, Shane Buchanan rushed for 67 yards and a touchdown and quarterback Drew Burko put up 231 passing yards as the Huskies (4-1) downed the Thunderbirds (2-3). --- No. 5 Calgary 76 Alberta 21 At Edmonton, Andrew Buckley completed 22 of 26 passes for 336 yards and three touchdowns, and running back Mercer Timmis carried for 214 yards and four TDs as the Dinos (5-0) decimated the Golden Bears (0-5). --- Acadia 40 Mount Allison 9 At Wolfville, N.S., Zack Skibin rushed for 105 yards and a touchdown, and the Axemen (2-2) defence held the Mounties (1-3) to just three field goals. Boston Celtics Gear . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., who trains out of San Diego, will fight bantamweight champion (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey on July 5 in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas. Pervis Ellison Jersey . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China.With a new long-term contract and training camp within sight, Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban is ready to get started on the new NHL season. Speaking to the media at Canadiens head coach Michel Therriens charity golf tournament, Subban addressed his recent arbitration hearing and contract negotiations leading up to his new eight-year, $72 million deal. "Im just happy to be here long term, and I know theyre very happy to have me," he told reporters. Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin and owner Geoff Molson were under fire during the off-season for what seemed to be a long road towards signing the 25-year-old to a long-term deal. Now that the deal is done, the young veteran defencemen is sticking up for the management team. "It was a very healthy process for me," he explained. "There were no negatives with this process. I think it was a little bit unsettling to hear some of the things that were said about management and Marc during the process. "I understand, but it was still disturbing for me. At this point in time I think everyone needs to look at the fact that the deal is done, Im here for a long time and it doesnt matter how the process happened." The Canadiens and Subbans camp met for their arbitration hearing on August 1 in Toronto. Both sides voiced their arguments to an appointed arbitrator in a four-hour session. From the end of the hearing, the arbitrator was given 48 hours to reach her decision. The Canadiens and Subban had until a decision was announced tto sign a new contract, otherwise the arbitration contract would have been binding and the two sides could not negotiate a new deal until January 1. Nate Archibald Jersey. "I understand when its me its a little more magnified," Subban continued. "Thats okay, but at the end of the day the fans of Montreal and the community here should be happy with Marc Bergevin and Geoff Molson and how theyve conducted themselves not only with me, but with players that have signed long term deals. Its always first class, theyve done it the right way, and Im just happy to be here long term." Since the departure of former captain Brian Gionta to the Buffalo Sabres in the off-season, theres been much debate over who will be named the 34th captain in franchise history. Subbans name is one that surfaces the most, but the 2013 Norris Trophy winner wants it to be known that each of his teammates bring different leadership skills to the table. "When you look at our team everyone leads in a different way," he said. "But the cool thing about our team is that we have a lot of guys that are different leaders who have stepped up at different points in the season, and over the years." Lars Eller, fresh off signing a new four-year deal in July also weighed in on the captaincy debate. "I dont really see it that way as one guy replacing another guy," he told reporters at Therriens golf tournament. "We have a lot of leaders in the room and together were going to fill those shoes." ' ' '