Forums » News and Announcements

for people that dont give m

• March 21, 2020 1:26 AM EDT

WINNIPEG -- Bo Levi Mitchell wasnt strutting around after his first career start, which featured three touchdown strikes in the Calgary Stampeders 37-24 victory over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday. Cheap Jerseys From China . "Happy, but never satisfied," Mitchell said of his performance. "Complacency is key -- to make sure that youre never being complacent, youre always working to get better." Mitchell, Calgarys third-stringer, got the start ahead of Drew Tate, who sat out with a forearm injury and Kevin Glenn, whos out with an elbow injury. The Texas native completed 29 of 33 pass attempts for 376 yards as the Stampeders advanced to 4-1 on the season. And Rene Paredes did the rest with his sure foot. The third-year Calgary kicker made all five of his field-goal attempts, setting a CFL record for consecutive regular-season field goals with 34, breaking Paul McCallums record of 30 from 2011. "Im happy we got the win and I got the record at the same time," Paredes said, adding hes not predicting how many he might reach before the streak ends. "Thats 34. Im going one by one. Well see how it goes." The Bombers dropped to 1-4 in front of 31,567 fans at Investors Group Field. Winnipeg has lost eight straight games to the Stampeders, failing to secure a victory against the Calgary team since Week 2 of 2009. Mitchell threw TD passes to Greg Carr, Anthony Parker and Marquay McDaniel. Rob Maver added a 50-yard punt single and Paredes field goals from 37, 19, 26, 32 and 23 yards sealed the deal. The game marked the first CFL matchup in 17 years to feature quarterbacks making their first pro starts for both teams as Bombers backup Justin Goltz took the field for Buck Pierce, who suffered a stomach injury in last weeks loss to Toronto. Goltz threw a pair of touchdown passes to third-year receiver Jade Etienne from five and eight yards out, marking Etiennes first and second career CFL TDs. Bomber Justin Palardy connected on a 41-yard field goal and Chad Simpson ran in a two-yard TD with 1:19 left in the game. Calgary led 8-7 after the first half, 17-14 at halftime and 27-14 after the third quarter. "I dont think they came out and really did anything different in the second half," said Goltz, who was 19-of-35 for 194 yards, two TDs and one interception. "I think we have to take a lot of that on our own shoulders. There was a handful of throws I would have liked to have back and there were throws I know I can complete." Pierce said late this week he felt healthy enough to play, but head coach Tim Burke went with Goltz, saying the trainers told him otherwise. Goltz has no idea if he did enough to earn a second start in B.C. on Aug. 5. "I dont know. Thats out of my control," he said. "I wish I would have done more and made it more concrete, to be completely honest." Both quarterbacks notched their first career touchdown passes in the opening quarter. Mitchell tossed a 27-yard TD strike to the six-foot-six Carr in the end zone, who outstretched five-foot-nine defensive back Marty Markett for the ball at 12:23. Goltz recorded his first TD pass in a six-play, 73-yard drive that included his 40-yard pass to Rory Kohlert on a broken play. Calgary was also called for a face mask on the play and Winnipeg moved to Calgarys 11-yard line. After a six-yard run by Simpson, the Michigan native fired a quick pass to Etienne as he crossed in front of the goal post with time running out in the opening quarter. Goltz sent Etienne his second TD pass on the same route at 3:38 of the second quarter. "Its nice, but it sucks to lose," said Etienne, who hails from Regina. After a turnover on downs by the Bombers, Paredes booted his fourth field goal of the game, improving Calgarys lead to 27-14 with less than three minutes left in the third quarter, and securing the victory for the Stamps as they head into their bye week. The Bombers worked for Simpsons late TD run, which finished off a 17-play, 75-yard drive. Calgary running back Jon Cornish rushed 16 times for 88 yards, lead both teams in receiving yards with six catches for 87 yards. "Thanks to a great team effort we had a balanced offence," said Stamps head coach John Hufnagel, who added that Mitchell read and saw the field well. "First of all, our offensive line played great. They opened up some holes and they provided Bo some protection so my compliments really go to my offensive line." Wholesale Jerseys China . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans.  The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. https://www.wholesalejerseysaaa.com/ . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. Former heavyweight champion of the world Tyson Fury admits he has taken lots of cocaine and that he doesnt want to live as he deals with depression in hospital.In a long ranging interview with Rolling Stone, Fury opened up about drug use, discrimination, bipolar disorder, corruption and his retirement from boxing.On drug use:Ive done lots of cocaine. Lots of it.?That aint a performance enhancing drug.Listen if I had some smack Id take it. If I had heroin Id take that, never mind cocaine, for what theyve done to me.On racism and discrimination:I come from a Traveling background, and we suffer the biggest racism and discrimination in the country.Ive been refused in restaurants because Im a Traveller. Im the heavyweight champion of the world and Ive been to restaurants and been told Sorry mate you cant come in. No Travellers allowed.On depression and bipolar disorder:Listen Ive been pushed to the brink. I cant take no more. Im in a hospital at the moment.Im seeing psychiatrists. Everything. They say Ive got a version of bipolar. Im a manic depressivve. Wholesale Jerseys. .On retirement from boxing:Why would I want to entertain people who hate me?Im not gonna go in there and risk brain damage every time I go into a fight for people that dont give me no credit.Fury later said he would not retire from boxing.On corruption in boxing:Within a week, the IBF (International Boxing Federation) stole my belt and gave it to somebody else, knowing full well that I couldnt defend it in a week because I had a rematch set with Klitschko.Theyve tried to get me chucked out of boxing because they cannot tame me, they cannot hire me, Im not for sale, no one can turn a key in my back, no one can do nothing to stop me.On the future:Im in a very bad place at the moment. I dont know whether Im coming or going.I am seeing help, but they cant do nothing for me. What Ive got is incurable. I dont want to live.Im trying to forget about it all and just getting back in the church and right with God. ' ' '