Forums » News and Announcements

players, Novak Djokovic.

• March 19, 2020 11:37 PM EDT

BANGKOK -- A celebratory occasion for a Thai Olympic bronze medal winners family turned somber as the athletes grandmother collapsed and died minutes before he won third place in the 56-kilogram weightlifting category. Tevin Coleman Super Bowl Jersey .A mourning ritual was held Tuesday at the home of Sinphet Kruithong, whose grandmother was among scores of family and friends watching his event live on a big television screen set up especially for the occasion in his village in northeastern Thailand. The festive atmosphere -- villagers cheering and clapping as Sinphet heaved the weights up -- turned somber Monday when people noticed that 82-year-old Subin Khongthap had collapsed.She did not live to see her grandson win the bronze medal.A video taken by a local media outlet, Thai Rath, showed cheering villagers quickly rushing to Subins side and trying to revive her. She was taken to Chumphon Buri Hospital in Surin province, 330 kilometers (210 miles) away, where she was pronounced dead. She will be cremated Wednesday.Sinphet, 22, was the second Thai to win a medal at the Rio Games, following Sopita Tanasan, 22, who won a gold medal for weightlifting in the womens 48 kilogram category on Saturday. He was, however, the first Thai man to medal in weightlifting while nine Thai women have won medals in the past.The gold medal in his event went to Chinas Long Qingquan and Om Yun-Chol of North Korea won the silver. Deion Sanders Super Bowl Jersey . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. Tom Rathman Super Bowl Jersey .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-Garrett-Celek-49ers-Jersey/ . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well.WEST VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Vasek Pospisil would have no trouble filling a scrapbook -- or an online photo album -- featuring his accomplishments this year. The Canadian tennis star has been piling up memories, but he still has a chance for more unforgettable moments between now and the end of September. Pospisil will compete in the Rogers Cup in Montreal next week as he continues to tune up his game in preparation for Canadas historic Davis Cup semifinal against Serbia in Belgrade in September. "Im hoping to get a lot of matches here this week and confidence to build for the Rogers Cup," said Pospisil, who is playing in the Odlum Brown VanOpen, a United States Tennis Association event, in West Vancouver before he heads to Montreal. "Its obviously a very exciting next couple of months for me." Pospisil, a 23-year-old Vernon, B.C., native who now calls Vancouver home, will head into the Rogers Cup looking to build on a season in which he has helped Canada reach unprecedented heights on the international stage. Canada earned a berth in the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time ever with its quarter-final win over Italy in Vancouver in April. The quarter-final berth was Canadas first in the Davis Cups modern era, resulting from a win over Spains injury-riddled world No. 1 squad in February, also in Vancouver. "(The Rogers Cup) is going to be a good experience," he said. "Obviously, any big tournament that you play in is good for gaining experience for a tie as important as we have in September. Ive played in the Rogers Cup a few times now, so its not going to be new territory for me." Pospisil is a candidate for Davis Cup singles and doubles selection. He and Daniel Nestor teamed up for a crucial five-set doubles victory against Italy that set the stage for Milos Raonics singles victory that enabled Canada to advance. "Davis Cup is probably the most memorable experience Ive had in my career at the moment," said Pospisil. "To play for your country and one another is huge, especially for Canada having clinched past this first round. Other than that, Id say its more just being consistent up there in the ATP events, which I struggled with a little bit last year. "It was my first year playing major (international tournaments), and this year, Im feeling much more comfortable. So, for me, its just a good year in terms of getting comfortable out there and playing against the top players." Pospisil has gained the greater comfort while working with new coach Frederic Fontang of France, a former ATP player. Fontang has helped Pospisil improve on playing the game at a higher speed and using more aggression to avoid long rallies and earn points quicker. "I honestly cant say enough good things about him," said Pospisil. "Hes an incredible coach. He knows what hes doing. His knowledge of the sport is incredible. He takes that knowledge with me and shares it with me, and helps me perform. He has a lot of experience. "Hes done a good job with mme. Kentavius Street Super Bowl Jersey. . Honestly, every week, Im learning something new." In mid-July, Pospisil used his increased knowledge to reach an ATP tour semifinal for the first time, in Bogota, Colombia before falling in three sets to Alejandro Falla. The strong showing enabled him to move up in the ATP rankings to No. 89 and move within range of his career-best No. 85 spot, reached last year. But Pospisil is not the only Canadian Davis Cup team member who will use the Rogers Cup to prepare for the battle with Serbia. Jesse Levine, an Ottawa native who grew up in the U.S. and obtained permission to play for Canada earlier this year, will also compete in Montreal, playing doubles with Pospisil as well as singles. "Weve played really well together," said Pospisil. Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont., will also compete at the Rogers Cup after gaining a wild-card entry into the main draw. Dancevic, 28, played a key role in helping Canada get past Spain in February, as he upset heavily-favoured Marcel Granollers in opening-night singles action. But Dancevic, 28, was forced to sit out the tie against Italy due to a knee injury. As a result, Levine took his place while he watched Canada gain glory from the sidelines. "Actually, it was my choice," said Dancevic. "I felt like it was time to put the team ahead of yourself. I just felt I knew I wasnt 100 per cent. Its better to give somebody else the opportunity, whos 100 per cent, especially in an important tie like that. "I dont think theres any room for error. I think guys should be really honest with how they feel the weeks of Davis Cup. If theres somebody healthy behind you and youre not 100 per cent, youve got to put your ego aside and think about the country and think about how far weve gotten and put somebody else on the line, and thats what I did." Now that he is healthier, he is looking forward to a chance to represent Canada in Serbia, which is led by one of the worlds top players, Novak Djokovic. But Dancevic still must earn selection from captain Martin Laurendeau. "You grow up wanting to play for your country," said Dancevic. "Ive always loved playing for Canada. Ive had great memories playing Davis Cup. Ive had really great wins, really bad losses, cried for my country and celebrated. Ive been through it all in the last 10 years. Its pretty intense. Itll be great if Im selected. Ill be really happy." Dancevic might have helped his cause by beating up-and-comer Filip Peliwo, 19, of North Vancouver, B.C., in the opening round of this weeks tournament in West Vancouver. It was Dancevics second victory over Peliwo, a frequent practice partner, in recent weeks. But Dancevic is not placing too much stock in results before the time comes for the Davis Cup lineup to be named. "Theres still a long way to go before the Davis Cup," said Dancevic. "Basically, I just do my thing." Notes: Peliwo will also head to Montreal for the Rogers Cup, but must get through qualifying rounds. ' ' '