Forums » Suggestions

changed at the line.Kr

• January 15, 2020 3:21 AM EST

ST. Jaxson Hayes Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Baltimore Orioles catcher Matt Wieters was out of the starting lineup Wednesday night after making a trip to have his sore right elbow examined by Dr. James Andrews. Wieters flew from Tampa to Pensacola earlier in the day for the exam and rejoined the Orioles for the game against Tampa Bay. While it was determined that Wieters would avoid the disabled list, he will likely be limited to designated hitter duty for a period of time. "It doesnt hurt him to hit at all, either way," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "Thats not a factor. Im not going to give you an exact time frame when he can catch, but I think if he keeps down the path we hope it does, hell be a catcher again in the near future." The elbow has bothered the switch-hitting Wieters for the past couple of weeks. He went 2 for 5 as the DH in Tuesday nights 5-3 win over the Rays. Wieters called the test results a good thing. "Anytime its a positive outlook to where we definitely see getting back on the field sooner rather than later," said Wieters, who arrived at Tropicana Field about 90 minutes before gametime. "You hope for, youre good to go, but I think weve got to be smarter and make sure we let everything kind of heal and calm down in there before we push it again," he said. Wieters said the main issue was that throwing the ball to second base wasnt as comfort as normal. "It wasnt really pain, but at the same time just kind of know that somethings not quite right," Wieters said. Baltimore purchased the contract of catcher Caleb Joseph from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned infielder Jemile Weeks to the International League club. Joseph was the Orioles catcher Wednesday in his major league debut. Alexis Ajinca Jersey . - Zac Leslie scored two goals and assisted on two more, and Justin Nichols made 34 saves as the Guelph Storm blanked the Kitchener Rangers 6-0 in Ontario Hockey League action on Sunday. Tyreke Evans Jersey . The Raptors second-year forward has been one of the primary beneficiaries of the early-season trade, breaking out and becoming a vital part of his teams success on both ends of the floor. Around the league, teams are starting to take notice and feature Ross more predominately in their pre-game scouting reports but its not just the opposition that hes impressing.LAKE FOREST, Ill. - The Chicago Bears benched Jay Cutler on Thursday, deciding to start Jimmy Clausen against the Detroit Lions this weekend instead of their franchise quarterback who signed a massive, seven-year deal at the end of last season.Coach Marc Trestman said Cutler will be available as the backup for Sundays game at Soldier Field, where boos have rained down on a punchless, porous team that is now 5-9 and playing out the string after starting the season with legitimate hopes of a playoff run. They will miss the post-season for the seventh time in eight years.Certainly, it was not an easy decision, Trestman said. In my mind those types of decisions never are, and I worked it through and think it through not only myself but with our staff.Trestman said he met with general manager Phil Emery on Tuesday and informed Cutler and Clausen of his decision on Wednesday. He met again with Emery later in the day to discuss his decision and informed the staff that night.Did Emery support the decision?Trestman paused for a few seconds, then said: Thats the way we are with each other. When we make decisions, we support it. We give our opinions and then we actively and passionately support each other with the decisions that we have to make. Thats the way its been the last two years. We talk thoroughly about it. We talk analytically about it. We talk passionately about it. And once a decision is made, we support each other.Cutler was taken aback by the decision, saying that he was Shocked, I think at first. And then, I think, disappointed.He said he wants to stay in Chicago and that he could work with Trestman next season, although their relationship would have to mend during the off-season.Asked if he believed the team was committed to him, Cutler added: I dont know if I can answer that.Everyone would wonder that, he said.The move fuels the idea that the Bears are in a state of dysfunction and that the future of everyone from Emery on down is open to discussion. There has been plenty of speculation about Trestman, now in his second year, not to mention defennsive co-ordinator Mel Tucker and offensive co-ordinator Aaron Kromer. Greivis Vasquez Jersey. Cutlers future is also in question despite the new contract.I would like to stay here, he said. I really like it here. I love the guys in the locker room that I get to play with. Clearly, its a different circumstances now. But going forward, this is where Id like to be.Cutler leads the league in interceptions (18) and turnovers (24) and he was benched after arguably his worst game of the season in Mondays loss to New Orleans. He threw three interceptions and got sacked a season-high seven times as the Bears fell meekly at home to the Saints, 31-15.That performance came after Cutler found himself at the centre of a storm last week, after Kromer admitted he was a source behind a report by the NFL Network criticizing the quarterbacks ability to identify when plays should be changed at the line.Kromer kept his job, at least for now. But Cutler just lost his.Kromer might have sealed his fate with his leak and admission. But there could be a long list of personnel taking the fall.The defence has ranked among the leagues worst in two years with Tucker, and the offence has taken a big step back in Year 2 under Trestman.Then theres Emery, who fired Lovie Smith after a 10-win season in 2012 and chose Trestman over Bruce Arians, now rolling with the Cardinals. He also signed Cutler to that seven-year contract at the end of last season when the Bears could have applied the franchise tag instead.Even so, the timing of the benching seems curious considering the Bears are out of contention. Trestman, who came with a reputation for getting the most out of quarterbacks, acknowledged this week that has not happened with Cutler.So the Bears are going with Clausen, the former Notre Dame star. He has appeared in three games this season and attempted nine passes, completing three. He was 1-9 in 10 starts as a rookie with Carolina in 2010 and threw for 1,558 yards that year. Carolina then drafted Cam Newton.___Online:AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '