Forums » Suggestions

Gandy of Australia was third in 56.56.

• January 13, 2020 3:43 AM EST

EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Chad Green Jersey .J. -- A Super Bowl hero is returning to the New York Giants. Mario Manningham, one of the Giants most productive receivers from 2008-2011, will rejoin the team. Known for his spectacular 38-yard reception that began the teams winning drive against New England in the 2012 Super Bowl, Manningham spent the last two seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. Those two seasons with the 49ers were cut short by injury. In 2012, he played in 12 games before tearing his ACL and missing San Franciscos post-season run to the Super Bowl. Last year, he began the season on the physically unable to perform list, returned to play in six games, but again ended up on injured reserve because of recurring issues with his knee. He was the Giants third-round draft choice in 2008, the 95th overall selection. In four years, he caught 160 passes for 2,315 yards and 18 touchdowns. "Once a Giant, always a Giant. Thats how I feel," he said Tuesday. "This is a very special place. I wanted to come back. "Im real excited. Its just great to see everybody, be around familiar faces, knowing everybody in the past and just being comfortable around everybody." Manninghams best season with the Giants was in 2010, when he had career-high totals of 60 receptions for 944 yards and nine touchdowns. He had a career-long catch in each of the final two games, with an 85-yarder at Green Bay and a 92-yarder at Washington. In the last three games of that season, Manningham caught 16 passes for 346 yards, a 21.6-yard average, and four touchdowns. In order, Manningham totalled 113, 132 and 101 yards to become the first Giants receiver with three consecutive 100-yard games since Homer Jones in 1968. In his two seasons in San Francisco, Manningham played in 18 games with 13 starts and had 51 catches for 534 yards and one touchdown. New York also signed free agent kick returner Trindon Holliday, who spent the last two seasons with Denver. Holliday scored on a 105-yard kickoff return last season. He also had an 81-yard punt return against the Giants. In a playoff loss to Baltimore two seasons ago, Hollidays record-setting performance saw him return a punt in the first quarter for a 90-yard touchdown, the longest punt return in post-season history. In the third quarter, he ran back a kickoff 104 yards for another score to become the first player in NFL history with a punt return touchdown and a kick return touchdown in the same post-season game. At 5-foot-5 and 170 pounds, Holliday is one of the NFLs smallest players. "Sometimes, I think my size is an advantage," Holliday said. "I can field the kicks and hide behind those big linemen when the other guys are coming down. Its hard for them to see me." Authentic Custom Yankees Jersey . Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract. Yogi Berra Jersey .J. -- Patrick Sharp is on one of those streaks.BERLIN -- Katerine Savard of Pont-Rouge, Que., won the silver medal and broke the Canadian short course record in the womens 100-metre butterfly on Saturday to open the second stop on the FINA World Cup swimming circuit. Canada also added a silver and bronze in the 4x50-metre mixed medley relay. In the womens 100 butterfly, Jeannette Ottesen Gray of Denmark was the winner in 55.94 seconds. Savard followed in 56.35 to eclipse the previous national mark of 56.49 she swam this past Wednesday in the Netherlands. Ellen Gandy of Australia was third in 56.56. "Im very pleased," said Savard. "This is my sixth Canadian record this year so Im having a very good season." In the 4x50 mixed medley relay, Australia was first in 1:40.95 followed by Canada with Russell Wood of Calgary, Martha McCabe of Toronto, Coleman Allen of Vancouverr and Sandrine Mainville of Montreal in 1:42. Jacoby Ellsbury Jersey. 00. A second Canadian foursome of Hilary Caldwell of White Rock, B.C., Chris Manning of Brantford, Ont., Savard and Luke Peddie of Edmonton was third. Chantal van Landeghem of Winnipeg was fourth in the 50 freestyle and fifth in the 50 backstroke. She broke the Canadian record in the 50 backstroke clocking 27.01 which bettered the 27.06 set by Jennifer Carroll of Montreal in 2009. Van Landeghem lowered the 50-freestyle mark Wednesday. Caldwell was also fifth in the 200 backstroke and McCabe sixth in the 200 breaststroke. For the men, Alec Page of Victoria was fourth in the 400 individual medley, Wood sixth in the 100 backstroke, Zack Chetrat of Oakville, Ont., and Allen seventh and eighth in the 200 butterfly and Ashton Baumann of Ottawa eighth in the 200 breaststroke. ' ' '