Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

said. Other possible conclusions in

• January 3, 2020 8:52 PM EST

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Fake Hurricanes Jerseys . - The Denver Broncos locker room was filled with more banter and bellows than usual Monday. Their early bye is over and Danny Trevathan is back.The teams leading tackler last season, Trevathan missed the first three games after fracturing his left leg just below his knee during an Aug. 12 practice at training camp.Hes expected to make his 2014 debut Sunday when the Broncos (2-1) host the Arizona Cardinals (3-0).Man, were so happy to have him back, linebacker Nate Irving said, raising his voice and enunciating each word so that Trevathan could hear his high praise two lockers away. Hes the heartbeat of the defence, baby!Trevathan glanced at Irving and shook his head.But it feels good to see him out here running around, Irving continued. Its pretty good to know that hes healthy and everything. Getting that extra guy back out there is pretty good for us. It. Boosts. The. Team. Morale.When Trevathan spun around, he was surrounded by a phalanx of cameras and teasing teammates.Give me a shout-out, Danny! implored defensive lineman Malik Jackson from behind the scrum.Trevathan had other ideas.He slithered past the hoard, saying he had somewhere else to be.Fierce between the sidelines but shy in public, hell make his statements on the football field, just like he did in 2013.The third-year pro out of Kentucky is coming off a breakout season in which he led the Broncos with 124 tackles and intercepted three passes before collecting a team-best two dozen tackles in the playoffs.If all continues to go well this week, Trevathan will return to his starting spot on the weak side next to Irving and opposite strong side linebacker Von Miller against the undefeated Cardinals.Brandon Marshall, who collected a team-high 29 tackles in his absence, will return to playing alongside Trevathan in nickel situations or spelling him in the base defence whenever Trevathan needs a breather.I thought Brandon Marshall stepped in and did a real good job, coach John Fox said. Weve got some youth at that position, there were errors made, but all in all, just like our record, I think, two of the situations better than the third. Well welcome back Danny because he was one of our better players and its good to have him back.Denvers defence saved the day with game-clinching last-minute plays against Indianapolis and Kansas City but couldnt stop Russell Wilsons 80-yard TD drive in overtime two weekends ago.With Trevathans return to health, the Broncos have the defence that had co-ordinator Jack Del Rio so excited this summer, one that boosts star power in Miller, Chris Harris Jr., Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Rahim Moore and Terrance Knighton.Its a huge deal, Knighton said. I told him that today. Im happy to have him back. He brings a lot more attitude to the defence. Its not that B-Marsh didnt, its just Dannys more of a feisty guy. It will be good to have him back. Its good that Brandon got that experience while Danny was hurt. So, itll allow our linebackers to rotate and have guys that they can trust go in and play.Marshall said he feels like he not only held things together during Trevathans absence but showed the Broncos they can count on him to play a bigger role.I thought I surprised a lot of people, Marshall said. I surprised coaches, fans, my teammates, I thought. Im not really sure if I had the full support of everybody, but I think going forward, I will a€” either as a backup player, or if I come in on nickel packages. So I thought I did well. I think I showed enough to get the support of everybody.Notes: LB Lerentee McCray (knee) and S David Bruton (ankle) sat out of practice.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton  href="https://www.cheaphurricanes.com/" target="_blank">Stitched Hurricanes Jerseys . He was 40. Firefighters were called about 11 a.m. Friday because Brown was unresponsive at his home near the Inner Harbor, fire spokesman Battalion Chief Kevin Cartwright said. He said Brown was dead when firefighters arrived. Wholesale Hurricanes Jerseys .“I always did my stuff ahead of the deadline. The best deal Ive ever done was the Darryl Sydor deal. We did that at the end of January in 04, and Syd was the missing piece.JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- The murder trial of Oscar Pistorius resumes Monday after one month during which mental health experts evaluated the athlete to determine if he has an anxiety disorder that could have influenced his actions on the night he killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. Judge Thokozile Masipa is expected to receive the conclusions of a panel of one psychologist and three psychiatrists who were instructed to assess whether the double-amputee runner was capable of understanding the wrongfulness of his act when he shot Steenkamp through a closed toilet door in his home on Valentines Day last year. The assessments of a panel at a state psychiatric hospital could determine whether he should be held criminally responsible and affect the judges deliberations on a verdict or, in the event of a conviction, the severity of the sentence, according to legal analysts. The evaluation came after a psychiatrist, Dr. Merryll Vorster, testified for the defence that Pistorius, who has said he feels vulnerable because of his disability and long-held worry about crime, had an anxiety disorder that could have contributed to the killing in the early hours of Feb. 14, 2013. He testified that he opened fire after mistakenly thinking there was a dangerous intruder in the toilet. Prosecutor Gerrie Nel has alleged that Pistorius, 27, killed the 29-year-old model after an argument, and has portrayed the Olympic athlete as a hothead with a love of guns and an inflated sense of entitlement. But he requested an independent inquiry into Pistorius state of mind, based on concern the defence would argue Pistorius was not guilty because of mental illness. Pistorius defence team could get a boost if the hospital evaluation roughly aligns with the conclusions of Vorster, the defence witness, said a llegal expert observing the trial. Carolina Hurricanes Pro Shop. Kelly Phelps, a senior lecturer in the public law department at the University of Cape Town, said a diagnosis that Pistorius has an anxiety disorder could add weight to his account and compel the judge to consider the question: "Is it more likely that he is telling the truth about what occurred on that night?" Even if the judge rules that Pistorius is guilty despite any disorder that he is suffering, Phelps said, the diagnosis could be a mitigating factor when he is sentenced. "That is the area of law that is often referred to as diminished responsibility," she said. Other possible conclusions in the psychiatric evaluation are that Pistorius is not suffering from any anxiety disorder, which could undermine his defence. Alternatively, it might be found that he was incapable of distinguishing between right and wrong or acting in accordance with that understanding, which could lead to a verdict of not guilty because of mental illness and referral to state psychiatric care. Pistorius faces 25 years to life in prison if found guilty of premeditated murder, and could also face years in prison if convicted of murder without premeditation or negligent killing. He is free on bail. Once Judge Masipa receives the conclusions from the mental health experts, the defence will be in a position to call its few remaining witnesses, prior to closing arguments and Masipas deliberation on a verdict. If, however, the experts who observed Pistorius are not unanimous in their conclusions, the judge can call them to the stand to clarify their findings. Pistorius was evaluated as an outpatient at Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital in Pretoria, the South African capital. He has been staying at the upscale home of his uncle. ' ' '