Forums » Introduce Yourself

As the depth chart currently stands,

• December 17, 2019 9:38 PM EST

SINGAPORE -- Karrie Webb slipped up several weeks ago at the Australian Ladies Masters when she signed an incorrect scorecard and was disqualified. Fake Packers Jerseys . For a moment at the HSBC Womens Champions on Thursday, she thought she had made a similar mistake. After shooting a 6-under 66 to take a one-stroke lead in the opening round, Webb feared she may have forgotten to sign her scorecard. She rushed back into the scoring tent only to find her scorecard was just fine. "Ive just had trouble getting out of the scorer tent since then," she said about her mistake in Australia. "I walked out (today) and couldnt remember if I signed my card, which it would have been too late anyway." Swedens Caroline Hedwall and American Paula Creamer were tied for second after shooting 5-under 67, a stroke ahead of 2012 champion Angela Stanford and Taiwans Teresa Lu in joint fourth. Disqualification aside, Webb is having a strong start to the season. A week after the ill-fated Australian Ladies Masters, she won her fifth Womens Australian Open title, and 40th overall. The 39-year-old Australian has won seven majors in her long career, but none since the Kraft Nabisco Championship in 2006. Her results have been consistent, if not dominant, in recent years -- she had six top-10 finishes on the LPGA Tour last year and one win at the ShopRite LPGA Classic. "Ive had a good career and I feel like I want to finish in the fashion that I started," she said. "I just continue to work hard, and my working hard now is probably a little different to my working hard 20 years ago, but its still working hard." Webb birdied four of her first six holes on Thursday, then sank a difficult 15-foot putt to save par on the par-4 11th hole. Her only mistake on the green was a close miss on the 12th hole when her birdie putt from 2 feet lipped out of the hole. Creamer has also had a fast start to the year, finishing tied for third at her first two tournaments -- the Bahamas LPGA Classic and the Womens Australian Open. Shes played well on this course in Singapore, too, finishing in third place here last year. The American hasnt had a win on the LPGA Tour, though, since her breakthrough victory at the Womens U.S. Open in 2010. "My main goal is just to be very consistent this year and a win happens by itself, you dont have to force any of that," she said. World No. 1 Inbee Park, who finished runner-up to Swedens Anna Nordqvist last week at the LPGA Thailand tournament, had a 2-under 70 and was in a tie for seventh with four others. Park, the winner of three majors last year, could lose her top ranking to Suzann Pettersen this week if the Norwegian wins the event and Park doesnt finish higher than a tie for third. Pettersen had a 1-under 71 on Thursday for equal 12th place. "It wasnt a bad putting day, but I hit the ball great today," Park said. "And I didnt get myself in big trouble so thats good." Sixteen-year-old Lydia Ko of New Zealand struggled with her putting, making just two birdies and finishing at 1-over 73, tied for 27th place with Nordqvist, American Michelle Wie, former No. 1 Yani Tseng and several others. Ko is not the youngest in the field this week. Fifteen-year-old Singaporean Amanda Tan won a qualifying tournament in January to become the youngest-ever player at the HSBC Champions. She was in last place after a 7-over 79. Green Bay Packers Pro Shop .com) - DAngelo Harrison posted 21 points to guide No. Stitched Packers Jerseys .J. -- Fabian Johnson scored his first international goal and Clint Dempsey doubled the lead after a defensive lapse as the United States beat Turkey 2-1 Sunday in the second of three World Cup warm-up matches for the Americans before they head to Brazil.MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings have taken another one of their priority free agents off the market before it opens, agreeing to terms on a five-year contract with defensive end Everson Griffen that features $20 million guaranteed and a maximum value of $42.5 million. A person with direct knowledge of the deal confirmed the details to The Associated Press on Sunday, speaking on condition of anonymity because the Vikings havent announced the deal. The NFL free-agent signing period starts Tuesday. The Vikings also agreed to terms on a one-year contract with middle linebacker Jasper Brinkley, according to another person with direct knowledge of that deal who spoke to the AP on Sunday on condition of anonymity because the Vikings havent confirmed the agreement. Brinkley played for the Arizona Cardinals last season. Two days ago, the Vikings reached a two-year deal with quarterback Matt Cassel worth as much as $10 million. The 26-year-old Griffen, a fourth-round draft pick from USC in 2010, has an opening to become a full-time player with the departure of four-time All-Pro Jared Allen, who will officially become a free agent on Tuesday and wont be re-signed. Allen and Brian Robison have been the starting defensive ends for almost Griffens entire NFL career, though he has seen extensive action as a situational pass rusher and on special teams. Griffen is getting paid more for his potential at a critical position in this pass-driven league than for actual production. He had 5 1/2 sacks last season, down from eight in 2012. But he has the speed and athleticism to become a force if he can continue to develop, after making major strides in maturity in overcoming some off-the-field struggles including the sudden death of his mother in 2012. Brinkley rebounded from a serious knee injury in 2007 at South Carolina to be drafted in the fifth rouund by the Vikings in 2009. Wholesale Packers Jerseys. After missing the entire 2011 season following major hip surgery, Brinkley bounced back again to become a first-time NFL starter in 2012. He hit free agency the next year and signed with the Cardinals. Brinkley played in 15 games last season and started when Pro Bowl pick Darryl Washington served a suspension for violating the NFLs substance abuse policy, but the Cardinals cut him last month to create more space under their salary cap. So hes used to playing under this type of prove-it circumstance. "They let me know the jobs wide open and its not going to be handed to anybody," Brinkley said. "Everybody has an equal opportunity to earn that spot." As the depth chart currently stands, prior to the actual opening of the free agent market and of course the draft, Brinkley will be in competition with Audie Cole for the starting middle linebacker spot. In the "Tampa Two" defence the Vikings used to use, linebackers had deep drops in zone pass coverage and Brinkley was sometimes exploited. Brinkleys skill set ought to better fit the scheme under new coach Mike Zimmer. "Minnesota has always been home for me. It has a significant place in my heart. I was raised on the frozen tundra," Brinkley said in a phone interview with the AP, foreshadowing the wintry conditions the Vikings could experience late this year at the University of Minnesotas outdoor stadium while their replacement for the Metrodome is under construction. From former Cincinnati cornerback Johnathan Joseph, a fellow South Carolina alumnus, Brinkley received a favourable report of Zimmer, who was Josephs defensive co-ordinator with the Bengals. "Hes a defensive guy. Hes a straight shooter. Hes going to tell you how it is. He does magical things with his defensive guys," Brinkley said. ' ' '