Forums » Introduce Yourself

said the influx of talent is good bu

• December 17, 2019 9:38 PM EST

England beat Australia 17-13 to make it into the semi-finals of the World Rugby U20 Championship, but New Zealand failed to make the final four for the first time in the tournaments history. Mike Conley Jersey . It was Englands third successive win of the tournament after earlier victories over Italy and Scotland.Australia held a seven-point lead at the break at the AJ Bell Stadium in Salford on Wednesday, having made a sensational start to the game, scoring after only 27 seconds. They won turnover ball from the kick-off and recycled through their three-quarters before Jack Maddocks glided through Englands midfield to cross.Mack Mason sent over the conversion, but Harry Mallinder reduced the deficit with a penalty soon after. Joe Marchant scores for England U20s The Northampton Saints star missed with another three-point attempt minutes later, with a Mason penalty restoring Australias seven-point lead.Mallinder kicked his second penalty of the game after 30 minutes but Masons three-pointer just before the break sent Australia into half-time with a 13-6 lead.Marchant collected Mallinders delightful chip through the Australian defence to dot down and help inspire a second-half fightback.For the Harlequins centre, it was his second try of the World Rugby U20 Championship and sparked England into life.Mallinder missed a penalty from inside his own half with 17 minutes remaining but made no mistake shortly after as England took the lead for the first time in the game.He sent over his fourth penalty with six minutes remaining and England held out for a 17-13 victory.England will face South Africa in the semis on Monday, while Argentina and Ireland will meet in the second semi-final.However, there is no place for New Zealand despite their last-gasp win over Wales. Wales led from the start and looked to have clinched the win, but Jordie Barrett kicked a penalty in the 79th minute to give the junior All Blacks an 18-17 win. However, with South Africa claiming the bonus-point win in their 40-31 win over France at the Academy Stadium in Manchester, they leapfrogged New Zealand as the best runners-up. Highlights of Wales 18-17 defeat by New Zealand Argentina booked their place in the semis with a 39-20 win over Japan in an entertaining game in Salford. Argentina scored five tries to three and overpowered Japan for their win, which saw them top Pool C.Irelands U20s followed up their win over New Zealand with a convincing 35-7 win over Georgia to top Pool A. Highlights of Irelands 35-7 win over Georgia Scotland also finished the Pool stages with a win as they saw off Italy 27-19. Highlights of Scotlands 27-19 win over Italy Watch the World Rugby U20 Championship live on Sky Sports 3 HD on Monday from 3pm. Also See: All Blacks drop Savea for Dagg Watch the summer tours on Sky WATCH: Corbisiero scrum analysis Follow @SkySportsRugby Jazz Jerseys 2021 . Fellow Argentina forward Gonzalo Higuain also had a brace for Napoli. And Samuel Etoo scored for his fourth different team. On a night of standout individual performances Wednesday, Schalke goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand had a game hell want to forget. Ben Poquette Jersey . Meeks has agreed to a $19.5 million, three-year deal with Detroit, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday night. The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because free agents cant sign contracts until the leagues moratorium ends July 10, also said Cartier Martin had agreed to a one-year contract with the rebuilding franchise.TORONTO -- Canadian international Dwayne De Rosario is happy to be back home, saying he has unfinished business with Toronto FC. "This is my city," the Toronto native said upon his arrival Wednesday night. And the 35-year-old former league MVP says he is hoping to making 2014 a memorable year. "Im really looking forward to it," De Rosario told The Canadian Press. "I like the vision that (MLSE president) Tim Leiweke has. Its along the same lines and goals that I had when I came here the first time round." "For me when I left, it felt like there was some unfinished business that I still need to take care of," he added. Toronto FC scheduled a news conference for Thursday afternoon at BMO Field to herald his return. De Rosario currently ranks sixth on the all-time MLS scoring list with 103 goals. Twenty-seven of those came in a Toronto jersey from 2009 to 2011. He was traded to New York just two games into the 2011 season after a public contract dispute that included De Rosario celebrating a goal at home by pretending to sign a cheque. Toronto selected De Rosario in Stage 2 of the MLS re-entry draft last month after D.C. United opted not to pick up his option at the end of the season. Had De Rosario not agreed to Torontos contract offer, TFC would have held the right of first refusal for the attacking midfielder in MLS. De Rosario made US$654,300 in 2013 but will undoubtedly earn less in Toronto, which will be looking for the Canadian international to mentor younger players while offering support to a new-look marquee attack. Utah Jazz Gear. He will be joining a club that is making bold moves. England striker Jermain Defoe is set to be unveiled next Monday, according to a source, and multiple reports have the club making a move for U.S. international midfielder Michael Bradley. Brazilian striker Gilberto signed on last month. De Rosario said the influx of talent is good but it will be up to the senior players "to make sure everyone is on the same page. "Because the sooner we gel, I think the better off it is for everybody." De Rosario wants to play a role on and off the pitch, stressing his passion remains playing. "Theres stuff I want to accomplish individually and collectively as a team," he said. The main goal is success for the team. De Rosario, a 13-year MLS veteran, has played 324 regular-season and 24 playoff games in MLS. He started his career with San Jose and Houston, winning four league titles. A finalist for MVP in 2005 and 2006, he has been chosen to the leagues Best XI six times. De Rosario has also captured MLS Goal of the Year honours twice, in 2004 and 2005. He hoisted the MLS Cup in 2001 and 2003 with San Jose and 2006 and 2007 with Houston, earning MLS Cup MVP honours in 2001 and 2007. DeRo finished 2011 with D.C. United, winning the Golden Boot as the leagues top scorer and MVP honours. De Rosario, who said he had other options in terms of clubs last month, hopes to reclaim his No. 14 jersey in Toronto. "This is 2014, so it kind of goes together hand in hand," he said with a laugh. ' ' '