Forums » Introduce Yourself

the Yankees this season and has gone 1-2

• December 17, 2019 3:20 AM EST

The Toronto Blue Jays continue a four-game set with New York Yankees on Wednesday at Yankee Stadium as Ichiro Suzuki eyes the 4,000th hit of his professional career. Don Buse Jersey . Suzuki notched three hits in the first game of the Yankees doubleheader sweep of the Jays on Tuesday, leaving him with 3,999 in a career that began with the Orix Blue Wave in Japan. The outfielder recorded 1,278 hits while playing in Japan and his 2,721 hits during his major league career are 374 more than anyone else since coming over in 2001. His total hit number ranks third all-time behind only Pete Roses record of 4,256 and Ty Cobbs 4,191. "I didnt have 4,000 hits in my whole career, and you can go back to tee ball," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "To me, its an unbelievable feat. Hes some kind of hitter." Suzuki scored twice in the Yanks 8-4 come-from-behind win in game one on Tuesday, but then scored the winning run in a 3-2 triumph in the nightcap. Suzuki was not in the starting lineup for the second game, but entered in the ninth as a pinch-runner for Mark Reynolds, who opened the frame with a walk. Suzuki was then bunted over to second and promptly stole third. Jayson Nix, who had homered earlier in the contest to even the game, then delivered the game winning single, sending New York to its eighth win in 10 games. "I feel like weve had a little bit of a jolt in our team," Nix said. "Were playing really well right now. Its a good time for it." Robinson Cano was 6-for-8 with a home run and five RBI in the twinbill. His home run was the 200th of his career. "It means a lot," Cano said, who is now 16th on the all-time list in Yankees history. "As a kid, you always dream to be able to hit one. Then, to hit 200, it means a lot to me. Right now, were in a situation where we need to win games. Its good to hit 200, but its great to get a win." Toronto, meanwhile, has now lost 11 in a row at Yankee Stadium dating back to last season. To make matters worse the team placed outfielder Jose Bautista on the disabled list after the slugger left game one of the DH with a sore hip. Hoping to reverse their fortunes on Wednesday will be knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, who is 9-11 with a 4.49 ERA. Dickey did not get a decision on Friday against Tampa bay, as he allowed four runs and six hits in seven innings of a 5-4 loss. "Sometimes its just the nature of the game, and sometimes its just a situation weve got to take ownership of what we dont do well and try to execute better the next time," Dickey said afterwards. "Tonight, for me, was tough, because I had a good knuckleball." Dickey lost to the Yankees the last time he faced them and is 3-2 in 11 games (5 starts) against them with a 3.25 ERA. Heading to the hill for the Yanks on Wednesday will be righty Adam Warren, who will be making his first start of the season and just the second of his career. Warren has pitched in 24 games out of the bullpen for the Yankees this season and has gone 1-2 with a 3.57 ERA. The Yankees have beaten the Blue Jays in 10 of 11 matchups this season, including all eight in the Bronx. T. J. Warren Jersey . Its the second straight year he has decided not to play as he cuts back his schedule. Stricker was replaced in the field by Ryo Ishikawa of Japan. Jonathan Bender Jersey . - No matter the lineup or location, the San Antonio Spurs are rolling through the NBA again this spring, just the way they have for most of the last two decades.Hilary Knight scored 53 seconds into the opener of the Olympic womens hockey tournament Saturday, and Jesse Vetter needed only 14 saves to lead the United States to a 3-1 victory over Finland. Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N. Austin Croshere Jersey. Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U.S. shots at the Shayba Ice Arena. Susanna Tapani scored a power play goal for Finland with 4:38 to play in the game to make it 3-1. ' ' '