Forums » Support

e. Manu Ginobili made four

• September 4, 2019 10:12 PM EDT

If battling back is a sign of a team that knows how to win, the Winnipeg Goldeyes presented a strong case Wednesday night. Corey Seager Youth Jersey . The Goldeyes came back from two deficits to beat the Kansas City T-Bones 7-5 before 6,523 joyous fans at Shaw Park. The win moves Winnipeg 6 1/2 games ahead of the St. Paul Saints in the American Associations North Division and extends the Goldeyes winning streak to a season-high seven games. “These guys never give up,” Goldeyes outfielder Reggie Abercrombie said of his teammates, who despite the win stranded a season-high 13 runners on the base paths. “Every time you go out there, you expect to be in the game.” After Winnipeg opened the scoring in the bottom of the second inning on a Kansas City error, the T-Bones struck for four runs against Goldeyes starter Chris Salamida in the top of the third. The T-Bones batted around in the inning and had five hits. The Goldeyes dug into the deficit with two runs in the bottom of the fifth, as Casey Haerther, who doubled to lead off the inning, scored on a sac fly and Luis Alen drove in Abercrombie with a single. Winnipeg tied the game an inning later when Ray Sadlers sac fly brought home Josh Mazzola. The T-Bones quickly regained the lead with a run in the top of the seventh, but the Goldeyes didnt stay behind for long. With runners on second and third and two out in the bottom half of the seventh, Tyler Kuhn ripped a shot down the first base line to score Abercrombie and Brock Bond, who reached base on an infield single. “I got a slider down and in and was able to get it up high enough to get it over the first basemans glove,” Kuhn said of his game-winning hit. “I dont turn on too many balls down the line, so I was happy to get that one.” Mazzola then doubled to score Kuhn. “The pitching held us in the game,” Abercrombie said. “We feel if the pitching holds us in the game, were going to come back on anyone. We have a lot of confidence in ourselves to go out and get it done.” Haerther led Winnipeg with three hits, while Kuhn had two RBI. Buried in the comeback was Salamidas record-setting night. He stuck out the first two batters he faced in the top of the first to pass Ace Walker for the franchise strikeout record. Salamida struck out six T-Bones in six innings of work and now has 385 Ks as a member of the Goldeyes in five seasons with the team. Gabe Aguilar, who gave up Kansas Citys go-ahead run in the seventh inning, swooped in to vultur his fifth win of the season. Chris Kissock pitched the top of the ninth for his 10th save of the season. Jared Messer took the loss for Kansas City. The Goldeyes will go for the sweep Thursday night at Shaw Park. Nick Hernandez (4-0, 3.56) will toe the rubber for Winnipeg against Kansas Citys Kyle DeVore (2-1, 2.29). Game time is 6 p.m. Cody Bellinger Jersey .35 million, avoiding arbitration. Davis led the majors last season with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs, both career highs. He earned $3. Kenta Maeda Jersey . Chris Heisey connected for his first grand slam and Devin Mesoraco homered and drove in a career high-tying four runs as Cincinnati took advantage of Tampa Bays depleted pitching staff for a 12-4 victory on Sunday.HOUSTON -- James Harden was out with a thumb injury, and then Dwight Howard got off to a slow start. It sure looked as if it was going to be a long night for the Houston Rockets. Then everything changed in the third quarter. Howard got back on track and a pair of role players stepped up to help Houston rally for a 97-90 win over the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday. The Rockets trailed by as many as 15 points in the first half before scoring 33 in the third to go on top. San Antonio used an 11-3 spurt to pull within two in the final minutes, but Howard and Jeremy Lin helped Houston hold on for the win. "We just kept grinding it out," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said. "We changed a couple of things defensively and the guys kind of dug in and got stops." Howard had 23 points and 16 rebounds for Houston, which enjoyed a 55-39 advantage on the glass. Terrence Jones scored 21 points and Lin added 18 points and eight assists while starting in Hardens spot. Harden, who leads the team with 23.7 points a game, was out with a bruised left thumb. "I know I missed a lot of shots early," Howard said. "I didnt lose focus. I got a little frustrated because I wanted to make those shots, especially against Tim (Duncan). But I just tried to stick with it and show the team that no matter what Im going to battle." Boris Diaw scored a season-high 22 points for the Spurs, and he also had 11 rebounds. Tony Parker added 17 points and Duncan had 12 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks. Houston was clinging to a 90-88 lead with less than two minutes left when Howard had a dunk and Lin made a jumper. Duncan had a layup on the other end, but Lin sunk a pair of free throws to secure the victory. Houston has won all three meetings with the Southwest Division-leading Spurs to secure the season series for the first time since 1996-97. They have one scheduled game left on April 14 in Houston. San Antonios 90-point performance ended a streak of 15 straight games with at least 100 points and sent the Spurs to consecutive losses for the first time this season. The last time they were held below 100 was a 111-98 loss to Houston on Christmas Day. The Spurs got within six on a hook shot by Diaw early in the fourth quarter. Lin then scored five quick points to extend Houstons lead to 81-70. Enrique Hernandez Youth Jersey. Houston was up by four points with four minutes left in the third quarter when San Antonio resorted to the "Hack-a-Howard" defence, fouling the centre every time the Rockets got the ball. Howard made 13 of 25 foul shots on the night, leaving him at 52.2 per cent from the line for the season. "I figured they were going to do it," he said. "Im just glad I made most of them." Duncan lamented that the tactic backfired for the Spurs. "Thats what he had to do to get us out of it," Duncan said. "He made free throws and he hurt us with them." The Spurs employed the strategy on eight straight possessions, with Howard making 10 foul shots while they had six points as Houston extended its lead to 70-62. Diaw made a jump shot at the end of the third quarter to cut Houstons lead to 72-64 entering the fourth. The Rockets opened the second half with an 11-2 run, capped by a two-handed dunk by Howard, to take their first lead of the game at 50-48. Lin started the run with a 3-pointer and also had two free throws in the surge. Manu Ginobili made four free throws for San Antonio before Houston scored six straight points to take a 56-52 lead. Ginobili and Chandler Parsons then exchanged rim-rattling dunks in rapid succession. The 36-year-old Ginobili injured himself on his jam and was soon limping and holding his upper left leg. He remained in the game for a bit before walking off the court and into the locker room at the next timeout. The team said he had tightness in his left hamstring. He missed time earlier this month with the same problem. San Antonio led by 10 points in the second quarter before Howard made his first basket of the night after starting the game 0 for 8. The bucket was the first of five straight points for Howard with San Antonios only points in that stretch coming on a layup by Marco Belinelli, helping Houston close to 46-39 at halftime. Houston struggled early without Harden and San Antonio jumped to a 9-0 lead thanks to five points from Diaw. The Spurs pushed the lead to 21-6 with about five minutes left in the first. NOTES: Harden injured his thumb in Houstons last game at Memphis on Saturday. ... Diaw has scored at least 10 points 20 times this season. ' ' '