Forums » Suggestions

ambush. It was a cheap sh

• December 10, 2019 3:19 AM EST

Sunrise, FL - The Florida Panthers on Wednesday announced they agreed to terms on a two-year contract with forward Brandon Pirri. Javier Baez Jersey . Pirri participated in a combined 49 games with the Blackhawks and Panthers this past season, totaling 13 goals and 12 assists. He was acquired from Chicago on March 2 in exchange for a third-round draft pick in 2014 and a fifth-round choice in 2016. "Brandon is a young and talented player who we are extremely pleased to have acquired," said Florida general manager Dale Tallon. "He has experienced tremendous success on the American Hockey League level, being named MVP of the All-Star game and winning the league?s scoring title. "Pirri further adds to our depth at center along with Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad and Drew Shore. We look forward to his contributions to our team." The 23-year-old pivot and Ontario native has recorded 13 goals and 14 assists in 56 appearances over parts of four seasons for Chicago and Florida. Trae Young Jersey . The Hockey Canada Foundation is donating $50,000, with Hockey Quebec contributing $15,000. Hockey Canada also announced it will hold a skills camp for all levels of minor hockey in Lac-Mégantic during the 2013-14 season. Representatives from Hockey Canada, the Hockey Canada Foundation and Hockey Quebec were on hand Tuesday night at a meeting of the AHM de Lac-Mégantic to make the announcement and presentation. Larry Bird Jersey . His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves. ST. LOUIS -- Peter Bourjos had no trouble calling the 310th hit in his big league career the biggest. Hitting in the eighth spot, Bourjos singled home the winning run in the ninth inning, and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 Wednesday to stretch their winning streak to five. "I had a walkoff hit in Anaheim, but I think at this point, were leading the division and its a big game in September and the one in Anaheim was in August," Bourjos said. "So this is the biggest hit." Yadier Molina walked with two outs in the ninth on a 3-2 pitch from Mark Melancon (2-4), who had entered an inning earlier. It was the first time Melancons pitched more than one inning since Oct. 2, 2012. Molina advanced to second on John Jays single and scored on the hit by Bourjos, easily beating the throw home from centre fielder Andrew McCutchen. "I was just hoping that Yadi was able to score," Bourjos said. "I wasnt too sure with McCutchen playing out there. I didnt know if he was playing shallow or deep, and I watched the play develop, and luckily Yadi was able to beat the play." Molina saw third base coach Jose Qquendo waving an arm to send him. "I was thinking home plate all the way," Molina said. "No one was going to stop me there." Despite having A.J. Pierzynski on the bench, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said he did not consider pinch-running for Molina, a slow-footed All-Star catcher. "Two outs in that situation and were in a tight game, his value to me being behind the plate outweighs what were going to get on the bases from someone," Matheny said. "If he gets thrown out, its a different conversation right now. Hes done such a great job in big games, we need him out there." St. Louis moved into sole possession of the NL Central lead for the first time Monday and extended its lead to 2 1/2 games with a three-game sweep that dropped the Pirates five games back. Pittsburgh has lost 10 of its last 12 road games, falling to a major league-worst 17-29 away from home in day games. "They were just a little bit better than us every game," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "I mean, were playing competitive baseball. Weve got to find a way to score a run every now and then when were out there and have some shutdown innings. Were not going to back down. Well take the day off. Were going to catch our breath and try and set some stakes down in Chicago. Brett Favre Jersey. " Trevor Rosenthal (2-6) pitched a one-hit ninth, aided by the eighth double play hes induced this season. Both of his wins have come against the Pirates on ninth-inning walkoffs. Pinch-hitter Gregory Polanco drew an 11-pitch walk leading off the eighth against Carlos Martinez, who retired the next three batters. St. Louis starter Shelby Miller allowed three hits and three walks in seven innings. The Pirates Edinson Volquez gave up three hits and two walks in 6 1-3 innings. Plate home umpire Ron Kulpa issued a warning to both benches in the fifth inning after Miller threw a high fastball that sailed behind McCutchen. In the fourth, Volquez had hit Matt Holliday and Matt Adams back to back. Hurdle was not pleased. "This guy has been hitting it in a teacup all day and hes not near anybody all day," Hurdle said of Miller. "Then you fire that pitch. If he hits him, maybe you toss him. He (Kupla) was there in Arizona when McCutchen got hit. "He (Volquez) hits him (Adams) in the foot when its 0-2. Hes not trying to hit him. Hes not trying to hit Holliday when it was 0-2 and runs it to 2-2. From my perspective, it was an ambush. It was a cheap shot. Rons got to make the call he makes and thats what he chose to make." NOT RUNNING WILD Pittsburgh catcher Russell Martin threw out Jay attempting to steal third in the eighth. Martin has thrown out runners attempting to steal in four straight games and leads the NL with 25 runners caught stealing -- four short of his league-high total last year. TRAINERS ROOM Pirates: Infielder Pedro Alverez (left foot) sat out for the seventh consecutive game. Alverez left the Aug. 26 game against St. Louis in the seventh inning when he hurt the foot diving for a grounder down the first-base line. Cardinals: Kolten Wong was back in the starting lineup at second base after a two-day absence. UP NEXT: Pirates: RHP Vance Worley (6-4, 3.01) starts Friday at the Chicago Cubs. He had lost three straight starts before beating Cincinnati 3-2 last Saturday. Cardinals: RHP Michael Wacha (5-3, 2.79) starts Thursday at Milwaukee in his first big league appearance since June 17. Wacha missed 67 games because of a stress reaction in his right shoulder. He allowed one hit during two scoreless innings Sunday in an injury rehabilitation outing at Tulsa of the Double-A Texas League. ' ' '