Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Preparing for divorce

• 1 posts
    March 16, 2021 12:11 PM EDT

I just found out that my Japanese husband has a second family with a newborn here. I am dumbstruck right now but trying to prepare for divorce online here https://onlinedivorcer.com/online-divorce-tennessee. We have 4 children together. He moved out due to the pandemic he said so he would not get us sick, but he was acting distant/shady way before that ever since our youngest was born with a disability. Even before this he was cold but at least back then he helped out with the bills and tried at being a father. None of us have seen him in months and he frequently blocks/unblocks my number. Basically only calls to talk to the children and refuses to speak to me. If I try to talk to him he just yells that I am blocking him from his kids then hangs up. Now someone`s teenager we both know just sent a photo of him carrying a baby on his chest and her parents messaged me congratulating us on our new baby. Our youngest is 3 and was with me all weekend so it was not one of our children.

I knew divorce was coming even before the pandemic and made sure to protect myself at City Hall so that he could not divorce me without my knowledge. We have been together 12 years and married for 9 of those. I have PR and the kids are Japanese so no worries about visas. We live in Hyogo.

I pay for everything with online jobs since he basically stopped paying the bills years ago. Money is really tight though and every month is a struggle since the pandemic started. I can not work outside of the home since I have no one to take care of the children. His only surviving family is senile in the hospital. I have no family of my own still alive. I have no money for a lawyer. I have asked for help at City Hall but because I am still married and my husband makes decent money we do not qualify for assistance. I have also asked at my embassy but they can not provide assistance they said.