Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

A single Powerball ticket sold in Los Angeles

• 2891 posts
    August 28, 2023 12:06 AM EDT

A single Powerball ticket sold in Los Angeles

The owner or owners of the $1.08 billion winning ticket in Wednesday night’s Powerball drawing, sold at a convenience store in Los Angeles, have yet to claim the prize, which is among the largest in the game’s history.Get more news about custom lottery tickets,you can vist our website!

The winning numbers were 7, 13, 10, 24, 11 and the Powerball was 24.

The lucky ticket holder will have the choice between an annuitized prize paid out in installments over 29 years of $1.08 billion, or a lump-sum payment of $558.1 million, both before taxes, according to Powerball.Wednesday’s prize ranks as the sixth-largest US lottery jackpot and third-largest Powerball jackpot, behind the world record $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot won last year in California, and the $1.586 billion Powerball jackpot won in 2016, according to the lottery.

Wednesday’s winning ticket was sold at Las Palmitas Mini Market in downtown Los Angeles, according to the California Lottery. The convenience store will receive nearly $1 million for selling the winning ticket.

Angélica Menjívar, whose mother owns the store, told reporters they were happy for the bonus but didn’t have plans yet how to spend it.

Nabor Herrera, who works at the store, learned the mart sold the winning ticket as he arrived to work Thursday morning, his car flanked by reporters.

“I didn’t know, I am finding out right now when they have me surrounded,” he said. “They didn’t want to let me park.”

Three of Herrera’s customers bought a large share of tickets, he said, and he hoped the winner is one of his many regulars. He was eager to check two tickets of his own he had purchased.

“Blessed, thank God someone won,” he said. “We also get a little bit.”

Herrera was initially identified as the owner; a lottery spokesperson told CNN after the news conference that he was an employee.
    Though a single ticket won the jackpot, players are being advised to check their tickets on the chance they won one of the seven other types of prizes ranging from $4 to $2 million (depending on state lottery rules).

Another winner was the state’s public school system.

“The lottery has raised nearly $80 million dollars for public schools just from this one game,” said California Lottery spokesperson Carolyn Becker.

In addition to Wednesday’s big winner, 36 tickets sold across 16 states matched all five white balls to win what in most states will be $1 million prizes, according to a Powerball news release. Seven of those tickets were sold in California, where the prizes will be $448,750, according to California’s lottery site. Non-jackpot prizes in California vary depending on number of winners and ticket sales, and so will differ from fixed prizes shown on Powerball’s site.